Spark plugs ignite the mixture in your car’s engine, which is what makes it move. It receives a spark from an electronic ignition system in modern cars or a distributor cap and rotor in old vehicles, sitting atop the cylinder head.
Conventional spark plugs will ultimately wear out after about 30,000 miles to 40,000 miles, potentially causing stalling, starting difficulties, and engine misfires. Higher-cost platinum-tipped spark plugs may not have to be replaced as often. At the same time, it’s a good idea to replace your oxygen sensor, spark plug wires, PCV valve and fuel filter.
Spark plugs are one of the ignition system’s primary components. They burn gasoline and air in your engine. This provides your engine with the power to propel you down the road. The spark plug takes high-voltage electricity from the ignition coil and creates a spark at precisely the right time during the combustion cycle.
The optimum blend of power, fuel efficiency, and low emissions is obtained by combining the number of cylinders with the size of each cylinder (CC). Over time, the electrode at the end of a spark plug wears down and can cause performance issues.
2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 Cadillac XT5 Spark Plugs
|Info/Engine||3.6L 6-cyl Engine LGX||2.0L 4-cyl Engine LSY Turbo|
|OEM spark plug gap||–||–|
|Best spark plug||Pulstar IEF1H Iridium PlasmaCore Plug||–|
|Popular choice||Pulstar IEF1H Iridium PlasmaCore Plug||–|
- ✅Spark Plug Wires Part Number: 9748HH 9748EE 9748GG 9748HH 349U 349V 350M 350R 748BB 748EE 748HH 88892830 88894393 88894394 748GG XS10388
- ✅Spark Plug Part Number: 41-962 41962 19299585 19297035 12192192 12192192 12192195 12192195
- ✅Fits GM Models: For CADILLAC ESCALADE 2002-2006. For CHEVROLET AVALANCHE 1500 2002-2006; For CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 1999-2006; For CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 CLASSIC 2007; For CHEVROLET SILVERADO 2500 1999-2006; For CHEVROLET SILVERADO 2500 CLASSIC 2007; For CHEVROLET SILVERADO 3500 2001-2006; For CHEVROLET SILVERADO 3500 CLASSIC 2007; For CHEVROLET SUBURBAN 1500 2000-2006; For CHEVROLET SUBURBAN 2500 2000-2006.
- ✅Fits GM Models: For CHEVROLET TAHOE 2000-2006; For GMC SIERRA 1500 1999-2007; For GMC SIERRA 1500 CLASSIC 2007; For GMC SIERRA 2500 CLASSIC 2007; For GMC SIERRA 3500 2001-2006; For GMC SIERRA 3500 CLASSIC 2007; For GMC YUKON 2000-2006; For GMC YUKON XL 1500 2000-2006; For GMC YUKON XL 2500 2000-2006. For HUMMER H2 2003-2006.
- ✅Notice & Packing: 8pcs Spark Plugs (41-962) and 8pcs Spark plug wires (9478HH) of 1 box. If you have any questions, please contact us with the frame number, and we will provide you with the most correct advice.
- FlexTough Premium - Our Advanced Performance Rubber Polymers are Tested for Extreme Conditions to Ensure they Don't Crack, Split or Deform.
- Designed for Compatibility - Made to be Trimmable to Fit your Vehicle’s Floor Contours with only a Pair of Scissors - Please Check the Dimensions before Installation - Front: 29. 5" x 21. 75" - Rear Liner: 54" x 19".
- No-Slip Grip - Rubberized Nibs on the Bottom so the Mat Does not Move - Ergonomic Grooves on Top to Give your Foot Traction & Comfort.
- TriFlex Protection - Guard Against Spills, or Debris - Built to Last through Rain, Snow, Mud and More - Anti-Slip Backing - Set of Front, Rear & Trunk Liner for Full Protection.
- Simple Installation - Place the Mats on the Floor of your Vehicle after Trimming - Easily Remove and Clean the Mats of any Dirt & Spills.
- Enhances the performance and efficiency of the engine to extend its life
- Excellent filter capacity, efficiency, and flow management for superior performance
- Supplies the cleanest possible air with the least airflow restriction to the engine for enhanced performance
- Equipped with tight seals to keep unfiltered air from entering the combustion chamber
- Some ACDelco GM Original Equipment parts may have formerly appeared as GM Genuine Parts (OE) or ACDelco Professional
What else do I replace at the same time as my spark plugs?
Many people choose to replace the spark plug wires, PCV valve, fuel filter, and oxygen sensor at the same time as their spark plugs.
Spark plugs are one of those automotive components that most people don’t give much thought to. You may leave it to the pros to inspect and replace them, but it is important for you to be informed about what they entail.
Is it safe to drive with worn spark plugs?
Yes, but worn spark plugs have the ability to damage the engine and produce excessive heat in the catalytic converter. Regardless of age or mileage, if the engine misfires or runs poorly, inspect the plugs for flaws. Spark plug failure seldom causes an automobile to stall; nevertheless, you may experience a limit in vehicle speed when wear is severe. If your maintenance program recommends changing the plugs on time, it’s best to do so right away.
Last update on 2022-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API