Disclosure: we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post via affiliate links to products. This doesn't make any additional cost to you.
Honda Pilot is a mid-size crossover SUV that had been marketed by Honda since 2002. This model is one of the most convenient and family-friendly Honda models ever produced by the brand. Apart from the appealing exterior and functional interior, there are several other performance and capacity features that make Pilot a very good automobile.
For cars like this, a roof rack is a very appropriate accessory. The ones from Brightlines require no drilling. These racks are easy to install and they are built according to OEM specifications.
Best Honda Pilot Roof Rack
A roof rack is a set of bars positioned on the roof of a car. Roof rack for Honda Pilot, like for any other car, is designed to carry passenger items and make it easy to transport items on the roof of a vehicle without sacrificing interior space for passengers. Roof rack components consist of fitting pieces, crossbars, and gear mounts.
The nature of its design makes the Honda Pilot Roof rack suitable to transport objects such as skis, bicycles, containers, and other luggage.
Features of the Honda Pilot Roof rack
|Aerodynamic Qualities||The roof rack’s aerodynamic shape helps it minimize wind noise. Due to the aluminum wind deflector and its angle, the Honda Pilot Roof rack alleviates noise and drag. The use of aluminum makes it highly corrosion resistant since aluminum can create a protective oxide coating.|
|Easy Installation||The roof rack for Honda Pilot is also easy and fast to install. Crossbars are adjustable in position and can be installed in minutes. The package comes with a pair of crossbars, four mounting towers and instruction. (installation instructions are provided below)|
|Load Capacity||The Honda pilot roof rack can hold up to 132lbs load capacity (when load is evenly distributed). its high strength to weight ratio also provides this rack a solid structure to hold extra weights.|
|Lightweight||With a weight of 2.7 g/cm3, (one third the weight of steel), aluminum is a very light metal which means the reduction of energy consumption and increased load capacity.|
- High grade aluminum constructed. Light weight and durable.
- Aero-dynamic in shape to minimize wind noise.
- crossbars are adjustable in position. Installed in minutes.
- Load capacity 132lbs when load is evenly distributed.
- Package comes with a pair of crossbars, four mounting towers and instruction.
The Crossbars from Brightlines are designed to fit for the 2014 Honda pilot roof rack, the 2015 Honda pilot roof rack, as well as the 2016 Honda pilot roof rack. These Honda Pilot roof rack cross bars enhance the easy transportation of luggage such as cargo bags, snowboards, kayaks, and canoes.
The crossbars for both the rear and the front are the same length.
The dimensions for these crossbars are:
Front: 46 ½ in L x 2 5/8 in W x 4/5 in H
Rear: 46 ½ in L x 2 5/8 in W x 4/5 in H
Purchase and Installation
The ability to travel long distances in relatively short time periods is one of the luxuries of the new century. However, there are times when we are needing to transport a number of luggage without sacrificing interior space. This is where the roof rack plays a role. Installing a roof rack enables a convenient and comfortable trip.
Whether you’re on a cross country trip, vacation tour, or outdoor adventure, you shouldn’t be limited on what you can bring. The Honda Pilot cross bar roof rack avails you the liberty to take along extra luggage.
The installation of a roof rack is relatively easy. To install your Honda Pilot Roof Rack, you’d need the following tools: Flat-tip screwdriver, Shop driver, as well as a T-30 Torx driver. Ensure the roof rails are clean before installing the Crossbars.
Honda Pilot Roof Rack installation involves the following steps:
- Apply a plastic trim tool to remove the rear roof rail covers on both sides (right and left rear roof rail covers; two clips for each cover).
- Place the Crossbars into the roof rails with the adjustment screws on the passenger side of your car. Align the marks on the Crossbars with the marks on the roof rails. Ensure the Crossbars are inserted in the correct position and direction. Installed incorrectly, the Crossbars can induce noise.
- Fasten the thumbwheel screws (eight of them) secure the crossbars to the roof rails.
- Place a Torx bolt in each rail and fasten the bolts securely.
- Reinstall the roof rail covers. Ensure they are securely snapped into place.
Ensure you frequently check the roof rails and Crossbar mounting bolts. There are times they may need to be Retightened. Also, ensure you don’t exceed the maximum weight capacity.
TOP carriers and cargo baskets
- 【Compatible Vehicle】Tailored feature for 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 Honda Pilot with Side Rails (IMPORTANT!), compatible for LX, EX, EX-L, Touring, Elite, Special Edition, Black Edition trims, with the perfect dimensions, it's specially adapted for your vehicle, better than the universal ones.
- 【Solid Addition】This pair of aluminum cross bar replacement is up to 150lbs/68kg load capacity, a rather strong support for your ski/snowboard, kayak, canoe, roof basket, roof bag or bike carrier etc. Versatile for your vehicle with any kind of accessory.
- 【Easy Installation】Absolute breeze to install and it fits like a glove. The easy direction + straightforward video + clear label on the product will provide great assistance to figure out how to install.
- 【High Clearance】The cross bar won't interfere the sunroof at all and has enough clearance to mount the jay hooks or other kinds of accessories.
- 【Warranty Commitment】BougeRV is dedicated to providing premium products for you. BougeRV's 12-month warranty applied to the cross bar sold by BougeRV. If you have any question during use, please contact us for further information.
- ▶️ Mounts to OEM Side Rails / Bar Mount Holes are Offset / Smaller Side in Front
- ▶️ Direct Bolt-On / No Modifications Required
- ▶️ Aluminum Bar Construction / ABS Plastic Mounting Brackets
- ▶️ 132lbs Max when Distributed Evenly
- ▶️ Cross Bars Installs onto OEM Roof Rails Only
- Compatible with 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 Honda Pilot with Side Rails (IMPORTANT!), compatible for LX, EX, EX-L, Touring, Elite, Special Edition, Black Edition trims, with the perfect dimensions
- This pair of aluminum cross bar replacement is up to 150lbs/68kg load capacity, a rather strong support for your ski/snowboard, kayak, canoe, roof basket, roof bag or bike carrier etc. Versatile for your vehicle with any kind of accessory.
- The cross bar won't interfere the sunroof at all and has enough clearance to mount the jay hooks or other kinds of accessories.
- Easy to install, Package comes with a pair of crossbars, four mounting towers and instruction.
- Last a very long time and look very nice just like OEM but not even a third of the OEM price
- Fitment:2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 for Honda Pilot
- Material: Made of high quality Aluminum
- Installation: Easy to Install, No Drilling Required, Professional Installation is Highly Recommended
- If you need installation instructions, we will provide PDF installation instructions.
- Package Included: one set roof rack, one set side rails,Mounting Hardware
- Compatibility: Stone hood shield for Honda Pilot 2009-2015
- High Quality Materials and Durability:Made of aluminum,light weight and durable and supremely corrosion resistant.
- Safety and Excellent Design:Low profile tracks add very little height to the vehicle which allows the vehicle to easily fit in the garage.
- Travel without fear:Our roof rack Side Rails Load-capacity Can support up to 150LBS/68kg.These roof side rails allow you to mount Crossbars onto the roof of your vehicle for additional storage capacity. Whether itâ€s a kayak, mountain bike, or skis, these cross bars will get your favorite toys to where the fun happens!
- Notes: Please check the description or use the year,make,model in the Amazon Fitment Filter System in the top left corner to confirm the compatibility before placing order.
- Instant cargo space for vehicle with cross bars
- Easy to assemble and install (assembly and mounting hardware are included)
- Attaches to most cross bars with easy to use U-bolts for simple installation
- Includes rubber caps to cover the U-bolts and protect the cargo
- Rust resistant finish to resist corrosion
- ✔HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION - Strong, high-quality, heavy-duty steel construction with a durable black powder-coated finish for long-lasting corrosion resistance. Steel wind fairing is included in reducing wind resistance & noise.
- ✔EASY TO INSTALL - It utilizes your vehicle's crossbars, easily mounting with four universal U-bolts, accommodating square crossbars up to 3.25" wide x 1.375" thick or round bars up to 1.375" in diameter.
- ✔EXTRA LARGE SIZE & HUGE CAPACITY - Overall Dimension w/ Extension: 64"(L) x 39"(W) x 6'(H); Overall Dimensions w/ No Extension: 43"(L) x 39"(W) x 6'(H),the capacity of this roof basket is up to 250lbs.
- ✔WIDE APPLICATIONS - Suitable for most vehicles. Large, multi-sport basket for a roof rack, carry anything you want in your vehicle. Great ideal for camping equipment, hauling extra cargo bags, luggage, and more.
- ✔KINDLY NOTE - Using silicone sealant or rubberized spray paint on the joint and welds in the assembly process is a good idea to avoid the rusting issue in the rain. Please try to avoid the roof rack being exposed to damp and rainy weather. Any questions please feel free to contact us.
Last update on 2021-04-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API