Spark plugs are long-lasting components that don’t have to be replaced very often, yet the typical recommendation is every 30,000 to 90,000 miles.
Spark plugs ignite the fuel mixture in the engine, enabling your automobile to move. It receives a spark from modern vehicles’ electronic ignition or the distributor cap and rotor found in older cars, sitting on top of the cylinder head.
Finally, after approximately 30,000 miles to as much as 40,000 miles, conventional spark plugs will wear out and cause stalling, starting difficulties, and engine misfires. Platinum-tipped spark plugs with a higher price tag may not have to be replaced as frequently. At the same time, it’s worth checking your oxygen sensor, spark plug wires, PCV valve, and fuel filter.
1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 Audi A8 Spark Plugs
|Info/Engine||3.7L 8-cyl Engine AEW||4.2L 8-cyl Engine ABZ|
|OEM spark plug gap||0.044″ (1.11mm)||0.032″ (0.81mm)|
|Change interval||–||30,000 miles|
|Best spark plug||E3 E3.53 Spark Plug||NGK 7969 BKR6EKUB Multi-Ground Spark Plug|
|Popular choice||Denso 5087 ZT20EPR11 Iridium Long Life Spark Plug||NGK 6418 BKR6EIX Iridium IX Spark Plug|
- This 8 pack NGK V-Power Spark Plug is compatible with Audi A8 Quattro 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997 4.2L V8 and is perfect for a tune up or performance upgrade.
- REDUCE EMISSIONS AND MISFIRES: This tried-and-true Spark Plug boosts performance, reduces emissions, and enables better fuel economy so that your engine runs at its best. The durable shell reliably protects the spark plug from corrosion, ensuring long-lasting sparking capabilities. The center and ground electrodes promote sharper spark focus for fewer misfires
- IMPROVE IGNITION AND SPARK EFFICIENCY: This Spark Plug employs advanced center and ground electrodes to produce complete and efficient combustion and deliver an outstanding spark for faster, stronger, and more powerful combustion over the life of the spark plug. The corrosion-resistant center and ground electrodes minimize spark gap growth and provide greater ignitability and spark efficiency
- RELY ON QUALITY IGNITION COMPONENTS: From their start in 1936 through today, the NGK product line is proof of their dedication to innovation, performance, and quality. In order to deliver high-quality spark plugs and oxygen sensors to the automotive community, NGK has partnered with auto manufacturers to engineer automotive parts that fit both the vehicles of today and of the future
- TRUST IN NGK NTK: Explore components built by the world leader in the design of spark plugs and oxygen sensors. Their attention to performance excellence is what has differentiated them from the competition and allowed them to be the number one supplier of spark plugs and oxygen sensors
|Info/Engine||4.2L 8-cyl Engine AUX||4.2L 8-cyl Engine ART AKB|
|OEM spark plug gap||0.032″ (0.81mm)||0.032″ (0.81mm)|
|Best spark plug||NGK 7969 BKR6EKUB Multi-Ground Spark Plug||NGK 7969 BKR6EKUB Multi-Ground Spark Plug|
|Popular choice||NGK 6418 BKR6EIX Iridium IX Spark Plug||NGK 6418 BKR6EIX Iridium IX Spark Plug|
2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Audi A8 Spark Plugs
|Info/Engine||4.2L 8-cyl BFM Engine||6.0L 12-cyl Engine BSB|
|OEM spark plug gap||0.032″ (0.81mm)||0.044″ (1.11mm)|
|Change interval||55,000 miles||35,000 miles|
|Best spark plug||NGK 3199 BKR6EQUP Multi-Ground Spark Plug||NGK 3586 PZFR6J-11 Laser Platinum Spark Plug|
|Popular choice||NGK 6418 BKR6EIX Iridium IX Spark Plug||E3 E3.64 Spark Plug|
|Info/Engine||4.2L 8-cyl Engine BVJ DOHC|
|OEM spark plug gap||0.036″ (0.91mm)|
|Change interval||55,000 miles|
|Best spark plug||NGK 5547 PFR6W-TG Laser Platinum Spark Plug|
|Popular choice||E3 E3.64 Spark Plug|
2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Audi A8 Spark Plugs
|Info/Engine||4.2L 8-cyl Engine CDRA||6.3L 12-cyl Engine CEJA|
|OEM spark plug gap||0.036″ (0.91mm)||0.032″ (0.81mm)|
|Change interval||55,000 miles||35,000 miles|
|Best spark plug||NGK 5547 PFR6W-TG Laser Platinum Spark Plug||NGK 94290 ILZKR8A Laser Iridium Spark Plug|
|Popular choice||E3 E3.64 Spark Plug||NGK 94290 ILZKR8A Laser Iridium Spark Plug|
|Info/Engine||4.0L 8-cyl Engine CEUA Turbo||3.0L 6-cyl Engine CTUB|
|OEM spark plug gap||0.028″ (0.71mm)||0.032″ (0.81mm)|
|Change interval||35,000 miles||55,000 miles|
|Best spark plug||NGK 91006 SILFER8C7ES Laser Iridium Spark Plug||NGK 94460 PFR8S8EG Laser Platinum Spark Plug|
|Popular choice||Denso 5346 IKH24 Iridium Power Spark Plug||Denso 5311 IK24 Iridium Power Spark Plug|
|Info/Engine||6.3L 12-cyl Engine CTNA||4.0L 8-cyl Engine CTGF Turbo|
|OEM spark plug gap||0.032″ (0.81mm)||0.028″ (0.71mm)|
|Change interval||35,000 miles||35,000 miles|
|Best spark plug||NGK 94290 ILZKR8A Laser Iridium Spark Plug||NGK 91006 SILFER8C7ES Laser Iridium Spark Plug|
|Popular choice||NGK 94290 ILZKR8A Laser Iridium Spark Plug||Denso 5346 IKH24 Iridium Power Spark Plug|
|Info/Engine||3.0L 6-cyl Engine CREC|
|OEM spark plug gap||0.032″ (0.81mm)|
|Change interval||60,000 miles|
|Best spark plug||NGK 94460 PFR8S8EG Laser Platinum Spark Plug|
|Popular choice||Champion 9805 KC8WYPB4 Iridium Spark Plug|
2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 Audi A8 Spark Plugs
|Info/Engine||4.0L 8-cyl Engine CXYA Turbo||3.0L 6-cyl Engine CZSE Turbo|
|OEM spark plug gap||–||–|
|Best spark plug||–||–|
Audi A8 spark plugs are vital components, especially for petrol engines. This implies that they must be maintained on a regular basis. Furthermore, if you notice indications such as difficulties when attempting to start your car cold, it is a sign that we should not overlook if you don’t want to end up in an accident or damage your engine. But don’t worry about it; we’ll go through everything so you can know when they need changing and how often they need to be replaced on your Audi A8.
How Long Do NGK Iridium Plugs Last?
Exhaust valves on these engines are designed for durability, and their lifespan is significantly longer than that of conventional iron-core spark plugs. The NGK Iridium Platinum Spark Plugs have an iridium center electrode with a platinum ground electrode.
Last update on 2021-12-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API