Table of contents
- 1 BMW M43TUB19 Engine (M43B19)
- 1.1 M43TUB19 Specs
- 1.2 Innovations in the M43TU engine
- 1.3 BMW M43 Engine problems
- 1.4 References
BMW M43TUB19 Engine (M43B19)
BMW M43TU engine is a modernized version of the M43 engine, particularly in such parts as the operation of vibration and acoustic parameters, torque, fuel consumption. It has the same motor specification as M43. 1.9-liter M43 engine was introduced in 1998 and is known also as M43B19.
|Also called||BMW M43TU|
|Cylinder block alloy||Cast iron|
2 valves per cylinder
|Piston stroke, mm (inch)||83.5 (3.29)|
|Cylinder bore, mm (inch)||85 (3.35)|
|Displacement||1895 cc (115.6 cu in)|
|Power output||77 kW (105 HP) at 5,300 rpm
87 kW (118 HP) at 5,500 rpm
|Torque output||165 Nm (122 lb·ft) at 2,500 rpm
180 Nm (133 lb·ft) at 3,900 rpm
|HP per liter||55.4
|Fuel system||Bosch BMS46|
|Weight, kg (lbs)||~138 (305)|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (mpg)
|for E46 318Ci
|Oil consumption , L/1000 km
(qt. per miles)
|up to 1.0
(1 qt. per 750 miles)
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30
|Engine oil capacity, L (qt.)||4.0 (4.2)|
|Oil change interval, km (miles)||7,000-10,000
|Normal engine operating temperature, °C (F)||90-95 (195-203)|
|Engine lifespan, km (miles)
-No life span loss
|M43B16||1596 cc||75 kW (101 hp) @ 5500||150 N·m (111 lb·ft) @ 3900||6200||1991|
|M43B18||1796 cc||85 kW (115 hp) @ 5500||168 N·m (124 lb·ft) @ 3900||6200||1993|
|M43B19||1895 cc||87 kW (118 hp) @ 5500||180 N·m (133 lb·ft) @ 3900||6200||1998|
|77 kW (105 hp) @ 5300||165 N·m (122 lb·ft) @ 2500||6200||1999|
This engine is also installed in:
Innovations in the M43TU engine
- Single engine displacement – 1.9 liters;
- Engine block with the fastening points for the balancer shaft housing;
- Cylinder block with assembly of the engine speed sensor assembly and the reference signal sensor;
- The crankshaft with the driving gear to the balancer shafts and an incremental wheel speed sensor and the engine speed reference signal transmitter;
- Block of balancer shafts;
- Modified camshaft of the lower power stage of the motor;
- The pistons and connecting rods;
- The oil pan, the oil damper and suction tube oil pipe fitted under the engine with balance shafts;
- Thermal oil level sensor;
BMW M43 Engine problems
Some faults, which are possible in the M43 engine:
- The destruction of the cylinder head gasket in the region of the fourth cylinder;
- Fuel injectors feed becomes turbulent;
- DISa destruction;
- Possible damage of the crank mechanism;
- Oil leak;
BMW M43 engine has been replaced by engines N42 and N40.
BMW M43 316i E36 Motor Engine
BMW E46 318i 1.9 m43 problem with motor/engine
How to remove a stuck water pump from BMW E36 M43 1.8L Engine
BMW M43 turbo project
BMW E36 318i M43 Motor Thermostat Diagnosis
- En.wikipedia.org. (2017). BMW M43. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M43.
- Volkswagen Touareg wheel and tire sizes
- Should my new tires match what is currently on my car from the factory?
- What is the difference between a 235/45 ZR17 tire, and a 235/45 R17 tires?
- What does 195/65 HR14 mean in relation to tyres?
- What rims will fit my car?
- Good reliable first cars?
- What class are BMW cars?