Table of contents
- 1 Nissan QR25DE Engine
- 1.1 Nissan QR25 engine specs
- 1.2 QR25DE Problems and malfunctions
Nissan QR25DE Engine
The QR25DE is a 2.5 L (2488 cc) variant of QR20D engine built with cast steel connecting rods, a steel timing chain, counter-rotating balance shafts, and an aluminum intake manifold. The engine bore is 89 mm with a stroke of 100 mm and a compression ratio ranging from 9.5:1 to 10.5:1 depending on the vehicle.
Nissan QR25 engine specs
|Manufacturer||Nissan Decherd Powertrain Plant
|Also called||Nissan QR25|
|Cylinder block alloy||Aluminum|
4 valves per cylinder
|QR25DE Pistons stroke, mm (inch)||100 (3.94)|
|Cylinder bore, mm (inch)||89 (3.50)|
|Displacement||2488 cc (151.8 cu in)|
|Power output||112 kW (152 HP) at 5,200 rpm
118 kW (160 HP) at 5,600 rpm
127 kW (173 HP) at 6,000 rpm
131 kW (178 HP) at 6,000 rpm
134 kW (182 HP) at 6,000 rpm
147 kW (200 HP) at 6,600 rpm
190 kW (250 HP) at 5,600 rpm
|Torque output||245 Nm (181 lb·ft) at 4,400 rpm
240 Nm (177 lb·ft) at 4,000 rpm
234 Nm (173 lb·ft) at 4,000 rpm
244 Nm (180 lb·ft) at 4,000 rpm
244 Nm (180 lb·ft) at 4,000 rpm
244 Nm (180 lb·ft) at 5,200 rpm
329 Nm (243 lb·ft) at 3,600 rpm
|Redline||7,000 (Sentra SE-R Spec V)|
|HP per liter||61.1
|Weight, kg (lbs)||–|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (mpg)
|for Sentra SE-R
|QR25DE Supercharger||Naturally aspirated|
|Oil consumption , L/1000 km
(qt. per miles)
|up to 0.5
(1 qt. per 1200 miles)
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30
|Engine oil capacity, L (qt.)||5.1 (5.4)|
|Oil change interval, km (miles)||5,000-10,000
|Normal engine operating temperature, °C (F)||90 (195)|
|Engine lifespan, km (miles)
-No life span loss
This engine is also installed in:
- 1999-2003 Nissan Bassara- 165 hp (123 kW)
- 2001–2005 Nissan Serena C24- 158 hp (118 kW)
- 2001-2007 Nissan X-Trail T30 APEC export version- 178 hp (133 kW)
- 2002-2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R– 165 hp (123 kW) & SE-R Spec V- 175 hp (130 kW)
- 2002-2009 Nissan Presage- 165 hp (123 kW)
- 2002–present Nissan Altima 170 hp (127 kW) to 182 hp (136 kW)
- 2003-2005 Nissan Teana– 160 hp (119 kW)
- 2003-present Nissan Murano (Japan)
- 2005–present Nissan Frontier- 152 hp (113 kW)
- 2007–2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R– 177 hp (132 kW) & SE-R Spec V- 200 hp (149 kW)
- 2007–2011 Nissan Altima Hybrid 158 hp (118 kW), combined 198 hp (148 kW)
- 2007–present Nissan X-Trail T31– 169 hp (126 kW)
- 2007–presentRenault Koleos TR25- 169 hp (126 kW)
- 2008–present Nissan Rogue– 170 hp (127 kW)
- 2009–2012 Suzuki Equator- 152 hp (113 kW)
- 2013-present Nissan Teana– 165 hp (123 kW)
- 2013-present Nissan X-Trail T32– 169 hp (126 kW)
- 2016-present Nissan Maxima
QR25DE Problems and malfunctions
- Stretching of the timing chain.
- Oil leak and high oil consumption.
The most common mechanical problem of aluminum motors QR20DE- QR25DE is associated with overheating. Causes by the failure of the cooling pump. The result of overheating (even micro overheating) is a “gap” of the head unit. Micron leaks allow antifreeze to get into the combustion chamber.
Thus oxygen sensors tend to register a rich composite fuel. Some problems when starting the engine, stall, speed floating.
The solution of this problem is rather expensive. Replacing the cylinder head gasket may cost some money. Grinding head and the block, the new gasket head bolts. To avoid this it is necessary to monitor the condition of the radiator honeycombs inside and out, monitor the temperature of the motor, monitor the level of antifreeze and its color. Ensure proper operation of the cooling fans. Or simply visit regularly the diagnostics, where all the specialists will check and fix any problems found.
QR25DE first start up after rebuild
Timing set nissan qr25de 2.5
Nissan Altima Turbo QR25DE to QR25DET
Balance Shaft Chain Cutting | B15 QR25DE Sentra SER Spec V | Shaft Removal
- Volkswagen Touareg wheel and tire sizes
- Should my new tires match what is currently on my car from the factory?
- What is the difference between a 235/45 ZR17 tire, and a 235/45 R17 tires?
- What does 195/65 HR14 mean in relation to tyres?
- What rims will fit my car?
- Good reliable first cars?
- What class are BMW cars?