The Acura TLX is a sporty, luxury sedan that has been around for some time now. If you are in the market for a new car, this might be one to consider. It’s available in both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive options, so it will work well no matter what type of driving conditions you encounter.
This article will provide an overview of some important features of the Acura TLX while also giving our opinion on whether or not we think it’s worth your money.
Your Acura TLX is one of the most sophisticated and well-equipped mid-size luxury vehicles in its class, so it deserves to be pampered.
When you have access to top-tier detergent gasoline, fill your car with premium gas rather than regular. This high-quality fuel has detergent additives that help to prevent clogging in the fuel system and engine, as well as potentially extending the life of your engine!
2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Acura TLX Oil Capacity
|Engine||Oil Capacity (with filter)||Oil Type|
|2.4L 4-cyl Engine K24W7||4.4 quarts (4.2 liters)||0W-20|
|3.5L 6-cyl Engine J35Y6||4.5 quarts (4.3 liters)||0W-20|
2021 2022 Acura TLX Oil Capacity
|Engine||Oil Capacity (with filter)||Oil Type|
|2.0L 4-cyl Engine K20C6 Turbo||5.1 quarts (4.8 liters)||0W-20|
|3.0L 6-cyl Engine J30AC Turbo||5.5 quarts (5.2 liters)||0W-20|
Best Motor Oil for Acura TLX
- Mobil 1 Extended Performance full-synthetic motor oil 0W-20 helps protect critical engine parts for up to 20,000 miles between oil changes,* controlling oxidation to prevent oil breakdown and maintaining excellent viscosity
- Utilizes Mobil 1’s Triple Action+ Formula to combine outstanding engine performance, protection, and cleanliness with the added benefit of power
- Meets ILSAC GF-6 standards to help provide low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) and timing chain wear protection while keeping your engine clean and helping to improve your fuel economy
- Helps extend engine life by working to prevent damaging deposits and sludge buildup
- Provides excellent internal engine heat protection (up to 500 degrees F) and low temperature protection (to -40 degrees F)
- 42 Percent Better Rating On Fighting Power Robbing Deposits
- Superior Engine Protection Vs Conventional And Synthetic Blend Oils
- Superior Performance Against Deposits, Wear And Oxidation; Bottle Color: Black
- Meets The Needs Of Honda, Toyota, Acura, Lexus And Other Vehicles Where 0W-20 Grade Is Recommended
- Castrol GTX Full Synthetic Motor Oil provides maximum protection to help fight the impact of severe conditions that can potentially shorten engine life
- Castrol GTX Full Synthetic has been proven to dramatically reduce engine wear - 6X better than the industry standard
- 1.3X better sludge protection than industry standards
- Full synthetic formula provides thermal and oxidation stability with a superior level of protection against viscosity breakdown
- Specifications: API SP/SN PLUS/SN, ILSAC GF-6, GM dexos1 Gen 2, Meets Ford WSS-M2C962-A1
- API SN/GF5 CERTIFIED
- For best performance, follow the manufacturer's recommendations in your vehicle owner’s manual.
- Formulated for longer drain intervals
- Helps prevent build up that can cause rust and corrosion
- Reduces friction for less engine wear
- High resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown
- ADVANCED PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear friction heat and deposits
- 40% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION vs. industry standard as tested in the Sequence IVB engine test
- 25% BETTER DEPOSIT PROTECTION with superior engine cleaning detergents as tested in the GMOD engine test
- EXCEPTIONAL HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE PROTECTION defends your motor no matter the weather conditions
- MINIMIZE EXPENSIVE REPAIRS due to exhaust system damage by shielding important engine components
- PREMIUM FULL SYNTHETIC: K&N premium synthetic oil helps keep your engine running like new.
- ADVANCED SYNTHAMAX TECHNOLOGY: Formulated with unique additives to help protect critical engine components.
- SUPERIOR ENGINE PROTECTION: Advanced formula full synthetic oil is formulated to minimize harmful contaminants and sludge buildup.
- REDUCE WEAR & TEAR: K&N ultra synthetic engine oil offers premium engine protection.
- ALL WEATHER PROTECTION: K&N advanced full synthetic motor oil helps your car run smooth in both cold & hot temperature conditions.
Most of us know we need to change our engine’s oil at regular intervals, whether that’s reading the sticker on the windshield or when our maintenance light comes on. But most drivers are curious about what motor oil does. Another important function of motor oil is to keep the components cool. Motor oil circulates around your car, removing some of the heat generated during combustion. It’s critical to maintain an eye on your car’s oil level in order for you to be certain it doesn’t drop below where it should be.
Oil protects the complicated elements of your engine from each other so they don’t get damaged, knocked, or friction. This is why it’s critical to keep up with regular oil changes. When you ask people about automobile maintenance or auto repair, the most common service that comes to mind is an oil change.
When your motor oil is low, the temperature of the engine will rise, triggering overheating and potentially more serious electronic problems in the long run. Did you know that the pistons and other intricate engine components are never in touch with each other? They actually ride on a thin layer of motor oil within the engine.