The Acura TLX is a sporty, luxury sedan that has been around for some time now. If you are in the market for a new car, this might be one to consider. It’s available in both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive options, so it will work well no matter what type of driving conditions you encounter.
This article will provide an overview of some important features of the Acura TLX while also giving our opinion on whether or not we think it’s worth your money.
Your Acura TLX is one of the most sophisticated and well-equipped mid-size luxury vehicles in its class, so it deserves to be pampered.
When you have access to top-tier detergent gasoline, fill your car with premium gas rather than regular. This high-quality fuel has detergent additives that help to prevent clogging in the fuel system and engine, as well as potentially extending the life of your engine!
2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Acura TLX Engine Oil Capacity
|Engine||Engine Oil Capacity (with filter)||Oil Type|
|2.4L 4-cyl Engine K24W7||4.4 quarts (4.2 liters)||0W-20|
|3.5L 6-cyl Engine J35Y6||4.5 quarts (4.3 liters)||0W-20|
2021 2022 Acura TLX Engine Oil Capacity
|Engine||Engine Oil Capacity (with filter)||Oil Type|
|2.0L 4-cyl Engine K20C6 Turbo||5.1 quarts (4.8 liters)||0W-20|
|3.0L 6-cyl Engine J30AC Turbo||5.5 quarts (5.2 liters)||0W-20|
Best Motor Oil for Acura TLX
- Superior wear protection on critical engine parts
- 6X better wear protection than industry standards, as measured in the latest Sequence IVA test
- Superior sludge cleaning and protection against new formation
- 1.3X better sludge protection than industry standards, as measured in Sequence VH sludge test vs. API SP limits
- Mobil 1 High Mileage full-synthetic motor oil 0W-20 is designed for engines with over 75,000 miles to go up to 10,000 miles between oil changes.
- Utilizes Mobil 1’s signature Triple Action Formula to deliver outstanding engine performance, protection, and cleanliness
- Meets ILSAC GF-6 standards to help provide low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) and timing chain wear protection while keeping your engine clean and helping to improve your fuel economy
- Provides excellent internal engine heat protection (up to 500 degrees F) and low temperature protection (to -30 degrees F)
- Mobil Full Synthetic 0W-20 motor oil is formulated for vehicles upgrading from conventional oil or synthetic blend, or requiring full synthetic motor oil
- Provides guaranteed protection that's 1.5X longer than our conventional and synthetic blend oils, up to 7,500 miles between oil changes
- Helps to prevent sludge and deposit formation, to help reduce engine wear, and has balanced additive system formulation
- Provides excellent resistance to oil breakdown, for proven long-lasting protection, and maintains oil viscosity at high operating temperatures
- Full synthetic 0W-20 engine oil made from made from natural gas, not crude, using Pennzoil's patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus Technology
- Pennzoil 0W-20 is a carbon neutral motor oil, achieved through verified Nature Based Carbon Credits that offset the CO2 lifecycle emissions
- Provides better fuel economy—drive on average an extra 550 miles per year (versus a dirty engine)
- Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20 keeps pistons up to 45% cleaner than the toughest industry standard (based on Sequence IIIH results)
- ADVANCED PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear friction heat and deposits
- 40% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION vs. industry standard as tested in the Sequence IVB engine test
- 25% BETTER DEPOSIT PROTECTION with superior engine cleaning detergents as tested in the GMOD engine test
- EXCEPTIONAL HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE PROTECTION defends your motor no matter the weather conditions
- 3X stronger against viscosity breakdown than leading full synthetic, based on Kurt Orbahn test in 5W-30 grade
- 10X better high temperature performance, as measured in Sequence IIIH engine test vs. API SP test limit
- 6X better wear protection
- 1.4X better sludge protection, as measured in Sequence VH engine test vs. API SP test limit
- Castrol Ultraclean is a synthetic blend engine oil available in 0W-20, 5W-20 and 5W-30 grades. Its double-action formula has been proven to clean away the sludge that can block engine oilways* and helps prevent new sludge formation thanks to its synthetic technology. In fact, it provides up to 1.4X better sludge protection than is demanded by the latest industry standard.
- Advanced protection against viscosity and thermal breakdown
- Superior protection against high-temperature deposits
- Premium-quality base oils and anti-wear additives that help extend the life of your engine
Most of us know we need to change our engine’s oil at regular intervals, whether that’s reading the sticker on the windshield or when our maintenance light comes on. But most drivers are curious about what motor oil does. Another important function of motor oil is to keep the components cool. Motor oil circulates around your car, removing some of the heat generated during combustion. It’s critical to maintain an eye on your car’s oil level in order for you to be certain it doesn’t drop below where it should be.
Oil protects the complicated elements of your engine from each other so they don’t get damaged, knocked, or friction. This is why it’s critical to keep up with regular oil changes. When you ask people about automobile maintenance or auto repair, the most common service that comes to mind is an oil change.
When your motor oil is low, the temperature of the engine will rise, triggering overheating and potentially more serious electronic problems in the long run. Did you know that the pistons and other intricate engine components are never in touch with each other? They actually ride on a thin layer of motor oil within the engine.
Last update on 2023-03-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API