The Acura TLX is a sporty, luxury sedan that has been around for some time now. This might be one to consider if you are in the market for a new car. It’s available in both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive options, so it will work well no matter what type of driving conditions you encounter.
This article will provide an overview of some important features of the Acura TLX while also giving our opinion on whether or not we think it’s worth your money.
Your Acura TLX is one of the most sophisticated and well-equipped mid-size luxury vehicles in its class, so it deserves to be pampered.
When you have access to top-tier detergent gasoline, fill your car with premium gas rather than regular. This high-quality fuel has detergent additives that help to prevent clogging in the fuel system and engine and potentially extend your engine’s life!
2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Acura TLX Engine Oil Capacity
|Engine Oil Capacity (with filter)
|2.4L 4-cyl Engine K24W7
|4.4 quarts (4.2 liters)
|3.5L 6-cyl Engine J35Y6
|4.5 quarts (4.3 liters)
2021 2022 2023 Acura TLX Engine Oil Capacity
|Engine Oil Capacity (with filter)
|2.0L 4-cyl Engine K20C6 Turbo
|5.1 quarts (4.8 liters)
|3.0L 6-cyl Engine J30AC Turbo
|5.5 quarts (5.2 liters)
Best Motor Oil for Acura TLX
- ADVANCED PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear friction heat and deposits
- 40% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION vs. industry standard as tested in the Sequence IVB engine test
- 25% BETTER DEPOSIT PROTECTION with superior engine cleaning detergents as tested in the GMOD engine test
- EXCEPTIONAL HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE PROTECTION defends your motor no matter the weather conditions
- APPLICATIONS – Fits Honda Civic, Accord, CR-V, Crosstour, Acura ILX, MDX, RDX, RLX, TDX
- BETTER PROTECTION FOR YOUR ENGINE – Our fully synthetic oil is manufactured with premium additives which protects you engine up to 20% longer than synthetic oils, allowing for up to 7,500 miles between oil changes
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR YOUR OIL CHANGE – Contains everything you need to change your oil: 4.5 quarts of Full Synthetic 0W-20 Engine Oil, 1 oil filter, 1 pair of gloves, 1 crush washer, 1 funnel, 1 oil change sticker
- FUEL CONSERVING – Factory Racing Parts SAE 0W-20 oil was designed for maximum fuel economy and allows for quicker flow on start-up and start/stop or traditional engines
- Full synthetic 0W-20 engine oil that is made with natural gas and designed for complete protection for top engine performance
- Helps extend engine life and protects for up to 15 years or 500,000 miles, whichever comes first. Guaranteed* (see Warranty Information in Product Description).
- Provides better fuel economy (based on the latest industry standards)
- Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20 keeps pistons up to 45% cleaner than the toughest industry standard (based on Sequence IIIH results)
- Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy full-synthetic motor oil 0W-20 is low-viscosity to help improve fuel economy.*
- Utilizes Mobil 1’s signature Triple Action Formula to deliver outstanding engine performance, protection, and cleanliness
- Helps protect critical engine parts for up to 10,000 miles between oil changesm,** controlling oxidation to prevent oil breakdown and maintaining excellent viscosity
- Meets ILSAC GF-6 standards to help provide low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) and timing chain wear protection while keeping your engine clean
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear, friction, heat and deposits
- 10X STRONGER AGAINST OIL BREAKDOWN vs. industry standards as tested in the Sequence IIIH
- 50% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION than industry standards as tested in the Sequence X engine test
- SUPERIOR CLEANING AND PERFORMANCE with Dual Defense Additive Technology to keep your engine running like new
Most of us know we need to change our engine’s oil regularly, whether reading the sticker on the windshield or when our maintenance light comes on. But most drivers are curious about what motor oil does. Another important function of motor oil is to keep the components cool. Motor oil circulates around your car, removing some of the heat generated during combustion. It’s critical to maintain an eye on your car’s oil level in order for you to be certain it doesn’t drop below where it should be.
Oil protects the complicated elements of your engine from each other so they don’t get damaged, knocked, or friction. This is why it’s critical to keep up with regular oil changes. When you ask people about automobile maintenance or auto repair, the most common service that comes to mind is an oil change.
When your motor oil is low, the temperature of the engine will rise, triggering overheating and potentially more serious electronic problems in the long run. Did you know that the pistons and other intricate engine components are never in touch with each other? They actually ride on a thin layer of motor oil within the engine.
The information provided in this article is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as professional mechanical advice. While the author has made every effort to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information in this article, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of the information provided.
Engineswork.com participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Last update on 2024-02-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API