EnginesWork.com is reader-supported. When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you. Read more
The Acura TLX is a sporty, luxury sedan that has been around for some time now. If you are in the market for a new car, this might be one to consider. It’s available in both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive options, so it will work well no matter what type of driving conditions you encounter.
This article will provide an overview of some important features of the Acura TLX while also giving our opinion on whether or not we think it’s worth your money.
Your Acura TLX is one of the most sophisticated and well-equipped mid-size luxury vehicles in its class, so it deserves to be pampered.
When you have access to top-tier detergent gasoline, fill your car with premium gas rather than regular. This high-quality fuel has detergent additives that help to prevent clogging in the fuel system and engine, as well as potentially extending the life of your engine!
2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Acura TLX Oil Capacity
|Engine||Oil Capacity (with filter)||Oil Type|
|2.4L 4-cyl Engine K24W7||4.4 quarts (4.2 liters)||0W-20|
|3.5L 6-cyl Engine J35Y6||4.5 quarts (4.3 liters)||0W-20|
2021 2022 Acura TLX Oil Capacity
|Engine||Oil Capacity (with filter)||Oil Type|
|2.0L 4-cyl Engine K20C6 Turbo||5.1 quarts (4.8 liters)||0W-20|
|3.0L 6-cyl Engine J30AC Turbo||5.5 quarts (5.2 liters)||0W-20|
Best Motor Oil for Acura TLX
- Castrol GTX Full Synthetic Motor Oil provides maximum protection to help fight the impact of severe conditions that can potentially shorten engine life
- Castrol GTX Full Synthetic has been proven to dramatically reduce engine wear - 6X better than the industry standard
- 1.3X better sludge protection than industry standards
- Full synthetic formula provides thermal and oxidation stability with a superior level of protection against viscosity breakdown
- Specifications: API SP/SN PLUS/SN, ILSAC GF-6, GM dexos1 Gen 2, Meets Ford WSS-M2C962-A1
- 42 Percent Better Rating On Fighting Power Robbing Deposits
- Superior Engine Protection Vs Conventional And Synthetic Blend Oils
- Superior Performance Against Deposits, Wear And Oxidation; Bottle Color: Black
- Meets The Needs Of Honda, Toyota, Acura, Lexus And Other Vehicles Where 0W-20 Grade Is Recommended
- Mobil 1 High Mileage full-synthetic motor oil 0W-20 is designed for engines with over 75,000 miles to go up to 10,000 miles between oil changes.
- Utilizes Mobil 1’s signature Triple Action Formula to deliver outstanding engine performance, protection, and cleanliness
- Meets ILSAC GF-6 standards to help provide low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) and timing chain wear protection while keeping your engine clean and helping to improve your fuel economy
- Provides excellent internal engine heat protection (up to 500 degrees F) and low temperature protection (to -30 degrees F)
- 10X STRONGER THERMAL RESISTANCE than industry standards prevents oil breakdown in harsh conditions
- FIGHT DEPOSITS & SLUDGE with Dual Defense Additive Technology to clean while providing the ultimate defense against wear, so you can experience the most your engine has to offer
- 50% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION than industry standards with anti-wear additives that prvent metal-on-metal contact, protecting your engine’s most vulnerable components and maximizing engine life
- BUILT FOR MODERN ENGINES with a formula optimized to outlast the extreme conditions of today’s vehicles and offer max defense under the hood, even with the newest technologies
- MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCY & FUEL ECONOMY with friction modifiers that stop moving parts from touching, minimizing energy loss and keeping friction at a minimum so you get the best power and efficiency out of your engine
- ADVANCED PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear friction heat and deposits
- 40% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION vs. industry standard as tested in the Sequence IVB engine test
- 25% BETTER DEPOSIT PROTECTION with superior engine cleaning detergents as tested in the GMOD engine test
- EXCEPTIONAL HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE PROTECTION defends your motor no matter the weather conditions
- MINIMIZE EXPENSIVE REPAIRS due to exhaust system damage by shielding important engine components
- For best performance, follow the manufacturer's recommendations in your vehicle owner’s manual.
- Formulated for longer drain intervals
- Helps prevent build up that can cause rust and corrosion
- Reduces friction for less engine wear
- High resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown
- Titanium strong for maximum engine performance in vehicles with over 75,000 miles
- Maximizes short and long term engine performance on high mileage engines
- Boosted with extra fluid titanium technology to increase oil film strength and reduce film breakdown
- Reduces leaks, oil burn off and power-robbing deposits
- API SP/SN PLUS/SN & ILSAC GF-6
Most of us know we need to change our engine’s oil at regular intervals, whether that’s reading the sticker on the windshield or when our maintenance light comes on. But most drivers are curious about what motor oil does. Another important function of motor oil is to keep the components cool. Motor oil circulates around your car, removing some of the heat generated during combustion. It’s critical to maintain an eye on your car’s oil level in order for you to be certain it doesn’t drop below where it should be.
Oil protects the complicated elements of your engine from each other so they don’t get damaged, knocked, or friction. This is why it’s critical to keep up with regular oil changes. When you ask people about automobile maintenance or auto repair, the most common service that comes to mind is an oil change.
When your motor oil is low, the temperature of the engine will rise, triggering overheating and potentially more serious electronic problems in the long run. Did you know that the pistons and other intricate engine components are never in touch with each other? They actually ride on a thin layer of motor oil within the engine.