Introduced in 2020, the Cadillac CT5 serves as a key player in Cadillac’s revitalized line-up, embodying the brand’s commitment to luxury and performance. As a midsize luxury sedan, the CT5 has successfully filled the shoes of the Cadillac CTS, delivering a blend of comfort, performance, and advanced technology that represents the modern Cadillac ethos.
Cadillac’s rich history in automotive luxury is showcased in the CT5, which offers refined interiors, a sophisticated design, and powerful engine options. With the choice of rear-wheel or all-wheel drive, as well as a variety of trims including the Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport, and the high-performance V-Series, the CT5 appeals to a wide range of luxury car enthusiasts.
Beyond its luxurious trappings and performance credentials, maintaining the CT5 at its best involves proper attention to various aspects of the vehicle, including the transmission system. The transmission fluid, in particular, plays a vital role in keeping the CT5’s performance optimal, ensuring smooth gear shifts, and enhancing the vehicle’s longevity.
2020 2021 2022 2023 Cadillac CT5 Transmission Fluid Capacity And Transmission Fluid Type
The first-generation Cadillac CT5, launched in 2020, represents a shift in Cadillac’s approach to its sedan lineup. With a design that blends contemporary luxury with a sporty aesthetic, the CT5 offers an engaging driving experience with the comfort expected of a Cadillac.
The lineup includes different trims, each catering to a distinct audience, from the well-equipped Luxury and Premium Luxury models to the sportier Sport and the high-performance CT5-V. Regardless of the trim level, all CT5 models offer a host of technological features, including the latest iteration of Cadillac’s infotainment system, advanced driver-assistance systems, and high-quality interior materials.
All trims of the Cadillac CT5 are equipped with a 10-speed automatic transmission. This transmission is designed to provide smooth, quick shifts and help optimize fuel efficiency. It also includes a manual mode, allowing drivers to take more control over the car’s performance when desired.
For the 10-speed automatic transmission in the Cadillac CT5, GM recommends using their Dexron ULV Automatic Transmission Fluid. This fluid is designed to meet the specific needs of GM’s latest transmission designs, providing the required lubrication, shift feel, and efficiency.
- Helps enhance transmission cooling function
- Designed to protect metal surfaces from wea
- Formulated to condition gaskets
- Some ACDelco GM Original Equipment parts may have formerly appeared as GM Genuine Parts (OE) or ACDelco Professional
Always consult your owner’s manual or a Cadillac dealership to confirm the correct transmission fluid for your specific vehicle and model year.
Transmission Fluid Capacities
The 10-speed automatic transmission in the Cadillac CT5 has a fluid capacity of approximately 9.5 liters (10 quarts). However, the fluid capacity can depend on a number of factors, including the specific model and engine. Always refer to your owner’s manual or consult with a Cadillac dealership to determine the precise capacity for your vehicle.
|Gearbox||Fluid capacity||Fluid type|
|10 speed automatic||With Cooler – Total fill 12.1 quarts|
Transmission only – Total fill 11.7 quarts
Initial fill – 8.2 quarts
|Dexron ULV ATF|
Properly maintaining your CT5’s transmission fluid can contribute significantly to the car’s performance, fuel efficiency, and longevity. Regularly checking the fluid level and condition, as well as changing the liquid at the intervals recommended by Cadillac, will help ensure your CT5 continues to deliver the performance and luxury that Cadillac is known for.
General Tips on Changing Transmission Fluid for Cadillac CT5
Signs of Needing a Transmission Fluid Change:
Monitoring your Cadillac CT5’s transmission fluid is essential for maintaining its performance and longevity. Some signs indicating a transmission fluid change may be needed include:
- Transmission Slipping or Delayed Engagement: If your CT5’s transmission is slipping between gears or seems to hesitate before changing gears, it might be due to old or low transmission fluid levels.
- Strange Noises: Whining, humming, or clunking sounds coming from your vehicle might be a sign that your transmission fluid is low or needs to be replaced.
- Fluid Leakage: If you notice red fluid underneath your vehicle, it could indicate a leak in your transmission system, which should be addressed immediately.
- Transmission Overheating: Transmission fluid helps cool the transmission. If the fluid is low or old, your transmission might overheat, which could lead to more severe problems down the line.
- Dark or Burnt-Smelling Fluid: Healthy transmission fluid should be clear and have a slightly sweet smell. If the fluid is dark or has a burnt smell, it’s time for a change.
Process of Changing the Transmission Fluid
Changing the transmission fluid on a Cadillac CT5 is a complex task that is best left to professionals due to the precision and knowledge required. However, if you’re experienced in car maintenance, the general steps include:
- Draining the Old Fluid: The first step is to drain the old fluid from the transmission. This involves removing the drain plug and allowing the old fluid to flow out into a drain pan.
- Cleaning the Transmission Pan: Once the old fluid is drained, the transmission pan is removed, cleaned of any debris, and then reinstalled.
- Replacing the Transmission Filter: If your CT5 has a transmission fluid filter, it should be replaced at this time.
- Adding New Fluid: Once everything is cleaned and reassembled, new fluid is added. Ensure you use the correct type and amount of fluid as specified in your owner’s manual.
When changing transmission fluid, certain safety measures should be observed:
- Use Protective Gear: Always wear gloves and eye protection when working with automotive fluids.
- Work in a Ventilated Area: Ensure you’re working in a well-ventilated area to avoid inhaling harmful fumes.
- Secure the Vehicle: When raising the vehicle, ensure it’s securely supported on jack stands.
- Dispose of Fluid Properly: Used transmission fluid should be disposed of properly. Many auto parts stores offer recycling services.
If you’re unsure about any aspect of changing your CT5’s transmission fluid, it’s always best to consult a professional. Regular and appropriate maintenance of your CT5’s transmission system will keep your vehicle running at its best.
How Much Does It Cost To Change The Transmission Fluid In Cadillac CT5?
The cost of changing the transmission fluid in your Cadillac CT5 can vary significantly depending on your location and whether you choose to have the service performed at a dealership, an independent mechanic, or if you do it yourself. On average, you might expect to pay between $150 and $300 for a professional service. This estimate includes the cost of labor, new transmission fluid, and possibly a new transmission fluid filter.
If you decide to change the fluid yourself, you’ll need to purchase the necessary fluid and potentially a new filter. A liter of GM Dexron ULV Automatic Transmission Fluid typically costs between $10 and $20; a new filter could cost up to $50. Bear in mind that prices can vary and it’s always recommended to check current prices.
Keeping correct transmission fluid levels and using the right fluid type in your Cadillac CT5 is an integral part of your vehicle’s maintenance. The transmission system is crucial to your car’s performance, ensuring power from the engine is efficiently transferred to the wheels. Hence, taking good care of it should be a priority for any Cadillac CT5 owner.
Regular checks and changes of your transmission fluid can prevent potential problems, enhance the smoothness of your ride, and prolong your vehicle’s life. Recognizing the signs of needing a transmission fluid change can help you address the issue before it turns into a more significant and potentially costly problem.
In conclusion, the Cadillac CT5, with its blend of luxury and performance, is a vehicle designed to deliver a first-class driving experience. Part of maintaining that experience involves proper care and attention to your car’s transmission system. With correct maintenance, including timely changes of transmission fluid, your CT5 will continue to deliver the comfort, performance, and enjoyment that Cadillac vehicles are known for.
The information provided in this article is for general informational purposes only. The author and publisher make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any information presented. The reader is advised to consult a qualified professional, such as a mechanic or dealership, before making any decisions related to their vehicle's engine oil or maintenance.
Last update on 2023-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API