Welcome to this article about the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee oil type. Your vehicle’s engine is the heart of your Jeep, and proper lubrication and protection are crucial for optimal performance and longevity. Using the right oil is essential for maintaining your Jeep’s engine health, fuel efficiency, and performance.
In this article, I’ll be sharing with you everything you need to know about the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee oil type, including Jeep’s oil recommendations, oil capacity, synthetic oil options, and how to change the oil in your vehicle. By the end of this article, you’ll better understand how to maintain your Jeep’s engine health and ensure optimal performance. With these tips, you can keep your Jeep running smoothly for years to come.
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Oil Recommendations
As a vehicle manufacturer, Jeep has specific oil recommendations for their vehicles based on extensive research and testing. Using the right oil can improve engine performance, increase fuel efficiency, and extend the engine’s lifespan.
Jeep’s oil specifications require the oil to meet the Chrysler Material Standard MS-6395 listed on the engine oil filler cap. Jeep also recommends using API Certified engine oil with the proper viscosity for your vehicle.
To find the recommended oil for your 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, check the owner’s manual or visit a Jeep dealership or authorized service center. The recommended engine oil for the 3.6L engine is API Certified SAE 5W-30, while the 5.7L engine requires API Certified SAE 5W-20.
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear, friction, heat and deposits
- 10X STRONGER AGAINST OIL BREAKDOWN vs. industry standards as tested in the Sequence IIIH
- 50% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION than industry standards as tested in the Sequence X engine test
- SUPERIOR CLEANING AND PERFORMANCE with Dual Defense Additive Technology to keep your engine running like new
- For best performance, follow the manufacturer’s recommendations in your vehicle owner’s manual.
- Manufacturer Chrysler
- OEM Number 68218891AA
- SAE/Viscosity 5W-20
Following Jeep’s oil recommendations is important to ensure your engine runs smoothly and efficiently. Using the wrong oil can lead to reduced engine performance and increased wear and tear on the engine. Additionally, using oil that does not meet Jeep’s specifications can void your vehicle’s warranty.
- Six quarts of SAE 5W-30 Maxpro conventional motor oil.
- MAXLIFE TECHNOLOGY PREVENTS engine breakdown with 40% better wear protection than the industry standard
- REFRESH AGING SEALS AND PREVENT LEAKS with seal conditioners
- REDUCE SLUDGE, DEPOSITS, CORROSION, AND RUST with added detergents – keep motors clean inside
- ENHANCED FRICTION PERFORMANCE HELPS MAXIMIZE POWER with advanced friction-fighting agents
- ADVANCED PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear friction heat and deposits
- 40% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION vs. industry standard as tested in the Sequence IVB engine test
- 25% BETTER DEPOSIT PROTECTION with superior engine cleaning detergents as tested in the GMOD engine test
- EXCEPTIONAL HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE PROTECTION defends your motor no matter the weather conditions
Understanding the Importance of Engine Oil
Engine oil is essential for lubricating and protecting your vehicle’s engine. It helps to reduce friction between moving parts, preventing wear and tear, and dissipates heat, keeping the engine at a safe operating temperature. Additionally, engine oil helps to clean the engine by suspending harmful contaminants and preventing them from depositing on engine components.
Using the wrong oil can lead to several potential consequences, such as reduced engine performance, increased engine wear, and even engine failure. Using oil that is too thick or too thin can cause increased friction, leading to accelerated engine wear and decreased fuel efficiency. Using oil that does not meet your vehicle’s specifications can also lead to clogging, inadequate lubrication, and decreased engine performance.
Using the recommended oil for your 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers several benefits, including improved engine performance, increased fuel efficiency, and longer engine life. The recommended oil is designed to meet your vehicle’s specific requirements and provides the necessary lubrication and protection your engine needs to run smoothly and efficiently.
In summary, engine oil is essential for maintaining engine health, and using the right oil can provide several benefits, including improved performance and longevity. Using the recommended oil for your 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee is crucial to avoid potential engine damage and ensure optimal performance.
Synthetic Oil Options
Using synthetic motor oil is an option for the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and it has several benefits over conventional oil. Synthetic oil provides better engine protection, improved fuel economy, and longer-lasting performance compared to conventional oil. Additionally, synthetic oil has a more consistent molecular structure, allowing it to flow better in extreme temperatures.
If you choose to use synthetic oil in your Jeep, it must meet the same requirements as conventional oil. It should display the API Certification Seal and be the proper weight for your engine. Following the recommended oil and filter change intervals is also crucial, even when using synthetic oil, to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
It’s essential to note that switching to synthetic oil may cause oil leaks in older engines due to the oil’s better flow characteristics. It’s recommended to consult with a trusted mechanic before switching to synthetic oil to ensure it’s the right choice for your engine.
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Oil Capacity and Maintenance Schedule
The 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee has different oil capacities for the 3.6L and 5.7L engines. The 3.6L engine requires 6 quarts (5.6 liters) of API Certified SAE 5W-30 oil, while the 5.7L engine requires 7 quarts (6.6 liters) of API Certified SAE 5W-20 oil. It’s essential to check the owner’s manual for the specific oil capacity for your Jeep to ensure you add the right amount of oil.
Following the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule is crucial for keeping your Jeep’s engine running smoothly. For the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep recommends changing the engine oil and oil filter every 8,000 miles (13,000 km) or six months, whichever comes first.
Additionally, it’s important to check the oil level regularly to ensure it’s at the proper level. If the oil level is low, add the recommended oil as needed. It’s also recommended to replace the oil filter during each oil change to ensure the engine is getting clean oil.
In summary, following the recommended oil capacity and maintenance schedule is crucial for maintaining your Jeep’s engine health and ensuring optimal performance. Checking the oil level regularly and replacing the oil and filter at the recommended intervals will help to extend the life of your engine and keep it running smoothly.
- The Package Length of the Product is 5.8 centimeters
- The Package Width of the Product is 6.7 centimeters
- The Package Height of the Product is 14.6 centimeters
- Country of Origin: UNITED STATES
- Proven protection for up to 10,000 miles
- Engineered for use with conventional or synthetic motor oil
- A special blend of fibers and resin creates a proprietary filter media that captures 95% of dirt particles that can cause harmful engine wear
- Designed for everyday drivers who perform frequent maintenance on their vehicles
- Package Dimensions: 8.382 H x 9.906 L x 15.748 W (centimetres)
- Package Weight: 0.15 pounds
- Country of Origin : United States
- Part Number: 57526
In summary, choosing the right oil for your 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee is crucial for maintaining your engine’s health, fuel efficiency, and performance. Jeep has specific oil recommendations for its vehicles based on extensive research and testing, and it’s essential to follow them to ensure optimal engine performance. The recommended engine oil for the 3.6L and 5.7L engines is API Certified SAE 5W-30 and SAE 5W-20, respectively.
It’s important to check the owner’s manual for the specific oil capacity for your Jeep and to follow the recommended maintenance schedule for oil changes and filter replacements. Using synthetic oil is an option, but it must meet the same requirements as conventional oil, and consulting with a trusted mechanic is recommended before making the switch.
In conclusion, following Jeep’s oil recommendations and maintaining your vehicle properly are crucial for keeping your engine running smoothly and efficiently. By using the recommended API Certified engine oil with the proper viscosity and following the recommended maintenance schedule, you can ensure your Jeep continues to perform at its best for years to come.
The information provided in this article is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as professional mechanical advice. While the author has made every effort to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information in this article, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of the information provided.
Engineswork.com participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Last update on 2024-02-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API