The 2016 Honda HR-V is a popular SUV that provides both performance and efficiency. As an owner or potential buyer, knowing the correct oil type and capacity for this vehicle is essential. This article will cover the recommended oil type, oil capacity, and the best motor oil and oil filter for the 2016 Honda HR-V, answering your most frequently asked questions.
What Kind Of Oil Does A 2016 Honda HRV Take?
The 2016 Honda HR-V requires Genuine Honda Motor Oil 0W-20 or API Premium-grade 0W-20 detergent oil. This oil type ensures optimal performance, fuel efficiency, and engine longevity.
Honda HR-V uses 0W-20 motor oil, which is a full synthetic oil providing better fuel efficiency, improved engine performance, and reduced wear on engine components.
How Much Oil Does A 2016 HRV Take?
The 2016 Honda HR-V has an oil capacity of 3.9 US quarts (3.7 liters), including the filter. It’s crucial to use the correct amount of oil to prevent engine damage and maintain peak performance.
Best Motor Oil For 2016 Honda HR-V
The 2016 Honda HR-V requires 0W-20 motor oil, which is a full synthetic oil designed to provide optimal engine performance and longevity.
Some of the best motor oil options for the 2016 Honda HR-V include Genuine Honda Motor Oil 0W-20, Castrol EDGE 0W-20, Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic 0W-20, and Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic 0W-20. When choosing the best motor oil for your vehicle, it’s essential to consider factors such as climate, driving conditions, and your vehicle’s specific requirements.
- Package Dimensions: 7.112 L x 20.574 H x 12.7 W (centimeters)
- Package Weight : 1.043 kilograms
- Country of Origin : China
- Fit type: Universal
- 3X stronger against viscosity breakdown than leading full synthetic, based on Kurt Orbahn test in 5W-30 grade
- 10X better high temperature performance, as measured in Sequence IIIH engine test vs. API SP test limit
- 6X better wear protection, Protection for 10,000 miles between oil changes
- 1.4X better sludge protection, as measured in Sequence VH engine test vs. API SP test limit
- Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy full-synthetic motor oil 0W-20 is low-viscosity to help improve fuel economy.*
- Utilizes Mobil 1’s signature Triple Action Formula to deliver outstanding engine performance, protection, and cleanliness
- Helps protect critical engine parts for up to 10,000 miles between oil changesm,** controlling oxidation to prevent oil breakdown and maintaining excellent viscosity
- Meets ILSAC GF-6 standards to help provide low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) and timing chain wear protection while keeping your engine clean
- ADVANCED PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear friction heat and deposits
- 40% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION vs. industry standard as tested in the Sequence IVB engine test
- 25% BETTER DEPOSIT PROTECTION with superior engine cleaning detergents as tested in the GMOD engine test
- EXCEPTIONAL HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE PROTECTION defends your motor no matter the weather conditions
Best Engine Oil Filter For The 2016 Honda HR-V
Selecting the right oil filter for your Honda HR-V is equally important as choosing the right motor oil. Some of the best oil filters for the 2016 Honda HR-V include Genuine Honda Oil Filters, FRAM Ultra Synthetic Oil Filters, WIX XP Synthetic Oil Filters, and Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filters. These filters ensure that your engine stays clean and runs efficiently by trapping contaminants and preventing premature wear.
Proper maintenance, including using the right oil type and oil filter, is crucial for keeping your 2016 Honda HR-V running smoothly and efficiently. By following the recommendations in this article, you can ensure that your vehicle stays in excellent condition and continues to perform at its best.
Was this helpful?
The information provided in this article is for general informational purposes only. The author and publisher make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any information presented. The reader is advised to consult a qualified professional, such as a mechanic or dealership, before making any decisions related to their vehicle's engine oil or maintenance.
Last update on 2023-06-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API