With many drivers seeking an SUV with an upright driving position, practical cabins, and premium looks, the 2022 Cadillac XT4 is one of the most popular small crossovers on the market. Among these subcompact SUVs, the XT4 boasts one of the larger inside volumes. Although its interior features fall short of those available in rivals such as the Audi Q3 and Mercedes-Benz GLA-class SUVs, the XT4’s spaciousness will appeal to people who value additional interior space.
All models are powered by a 235-hp turbocharged four-cylinder, and a host of infotainment features are included across the range. The XT4 performs well, particularly the Sport trim, but if you’re seeking a more playful option consider the BMW X1, which is nearly as practical but offers more driving thrills.
The procedure of replacing the oil and oil filter in a vehicle’s crankcase is known as an oil change. Oil has a limited lifespan, and it should be changed as recommended in your Owner’s Manual. Synthetic motor oil can extend the time between changes and mileage intervals on modern automobiles to up to 12,000 miles/12 months.
2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 Cadillac XT4 Oil Capacity
|Engine||Oil Capacity (with filter)||Oil Type|
|2.0L 4-cyl Engine LSY Turbo||5.3 quarts (5 liters)||0W-20|
How Much Oil Does a Cadillac XT4 Take?
Cadillac XT4 takes 5.3 quarts of 0W-20 synthetic oil.
The oil capacity for the 2022 Cadillac XT4 iS5 is 6 quarts with a filter for the RWD and 4.7 quarts with a filter for the AWD, according to reviews. The 0W-30 option allows you to use it at temperatures as low as -20 F. Every 3,000 miles, change the oil and filter in your car.
It should be changed because it aids in the maintenance of your engine. The oil change, for example, costs anywhere from $30 to $40 in labor charges. Changing the oil and the filter is quite simple and takes around 5 to 10 minutes. A drain pan, gloves, and a socket are required tools.
2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 Cadillac XT4 Oil Filter
- Equipped with 98% multi-pass filtering efficiency at 25-30 microns for excellent filtering capabilities
- Has a cellulose media that traps particles 1/3 the width of human hair to help ensure a clean supply of oil to engine components
- Has a burst-strength five times greater than most engine oil operating pressures after the oil reaches operating temperatures (as long as the normal engine oil operating pressure is not greater than 51psi), for enhanced durability
- Meets application coverage for 98% of all cars, light duty trucks, and sport utility vehicles, both foreign and domestic, to fit a wide range of vehicles
- Some ACDelco GM Original Equipment parts may have formerly appeared as GM Genuine Parts (OE) or ACDelco Professional
- Up to 5,000 miles (or as specified by OE) of engine protection
- 96.5% Dirt Removal Power
- Multi-fiber, high-density media
- Anti-drainback valve protects against dry starts and oil leaks
- Bypass valve and metal center tube allow for optimum oil flow
2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 Cadillac XT4 Transmission Fluid Capacity
|Transmission||Fluid Capacity||Fluid Type|
|9T50 9-speed Automatic Transmission||Total Fill 10 quarts (9.5 liters)
Initial Fill 5.3 quarts (5 liters)
If you can’t find a transmission dipstick under the hood, it’s very probable that you’re dealing with a sealed gearbox. Because of the advantages, it provides to busy people like those in Williamstown and Sicklerville, most Cadillac automobiles have used this technology for more than a decade. Check your owner’s handbook or call us to be sure.
Although it is feasible to learn how to check the transmission fluid in a model with a sealed gearbox, it is not advised. You’ll need a lift, all of your tools, and a lot of experience—and you risk causing structural damage regardless.
The sealed transmission was part of a push to offer “lifetime components.” Despite the name, a transmission fluid flush is still necessary every 50,000 miles or so.
Last update on 2021-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API