The 2010 Lexus RX 350 is a luxury crossover SUV designed to provide a smooth and comfortable ride while also delivering reliable performance. To keep your vehicle running smoothly and efficiently, it’s important to use the right oil type.
In this article, we’ll discuss the recommended oil type for the 2010 Lexus RX 350, how to change the oil, how to dispose of used oil safely, and factors affecting engine oil consumption.
Engine Oil Capacity and Recommended Oil Type
The owner’s manual recommends an engine oil capacity of 6.4 qt. (6.1 L) with filter and 6.0 qt. (5.7 L) without filter for the 2010 Lexus RX 350. It is important to follow the drain and refill process recommended by the manufacturer to ensure proper oil levels and avoid damage to the engine.
Toyota Genuine Motor Oil or an equivalent oil grade is recommended for the 2010 Lexus RX 350. Using the right oil grade to protect the engine from wear and tear and ensure optimal performance is important.
The recommended oil viscosity for the 2010 Lexus RX 350 is SAE-5W-20 or SAE-0W-20. The “0W” in the viscosity rating allows for easy cold startability, while the “20” indicates the oil viscosity at operating temperature. Choosing the right oil viscosity is important to ensure proper engine lubrication in all conditions.
- For new Toyota and Scion purchases, use 0W-20 oil for all oil changes
- With the new 0W-20 oil you only needchange your oil every 10,000 miles12 months, dependingoperating conditions
- Reduced environmental burdenrecycling and disposalwaste oil
- Enhanced engine protectiona wide varietyoperating temperatures
- ADVANCED PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear friction heat and deposits
- 40% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION vs. industry standard as tested in the Sequence IVB engine test
- 25% BETTER DEPOSIT PROTECTION with superior engine cleaning detergents as tested in the GMOD engine test
- EXCEPTIONAL HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE PROTECTION defends your motor no matter the weather conditions
- Mobil Full Synthetic 5W-20 motor oil is formulated for vehicles upgrading from conventional oil or synthetic blend, or requiring full synthetic motor oil
- Provides guaranteed protection that’s 1.5X longer than our conventional and synthetic blend oils, up to 7,500 miles between oil changes*
- Helps to prevent sludge and deposit formation, to help reduce engine wear, and has balanced additive system formulation
- Provides excellent resistance to oil breakdown, for proven long-lasting protection, and maintains oil viscosity at high operating temperatures
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear, friction, heat and deposits
- 10X STRONGER AGAINST OIL BREAKDOWN vs. industry standards as tested in the Sequence IIIH
- 50% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION than industry standards as tested in the Sequence X engine test
- SUPERIOR CLEANING AND PERFORMANCE with Dual Defense Additive Technology to keep your engine running like new
- MAXLIFE PLUS TECHNOLOGY WITH MOLY ADDITIVE PROTECTION prevents engine breakdown.
- FORMULATED TO REDUCE OIL CONSUMPTION in older high mileage engines
- MULTI-DIMENSIONAL ANTI-WEAR SYSTEM fights surface friction exceeding protection standards
- REFRESH AGING SEALS AND PREVENT LEAKS with seal conditioners
Engine Oil Consumption
Engine oil consumption is influenced by several factors, including the oil viscosity, the quality of the oil, and driving conditions. Higher speeds, frequent acceleration and deceleration, and extreme load conditions can cause increased oil consumption. A new engine may also consume more oil.
The maximum oil consumption for the 2010 Lexus RX 350 is 1.1 qt./600 miles (or 1.0 L/1000 km). If your vehicle’s oil consumption exceeds this amount, you should contact your Lexus dealer for assistance. Diluted oil can make it difficult to judge the true oil level, so it’s important to check the oil level regularly and monitor oil consumption.
Changing Engine Oil
The owner’s manual recommends changing the oil every 10,000 miles (or 12 months), whichever comes first. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s recommended oil change intervals to maintain engine performance and longevity.
Regular oil changes are essential for keeping your engine clean and reducing engine wear and tear. Fresh oil helps to remove contaminants that can build up in the engine over time, preventing damage to engine components and ensuring optimal performance. Regular oil changes also help to maintain fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
Using the recommended oil type, such as Toyota Genuine Motor Oil or equivalent with the recommended viscosity, can provide benefits such as improved engine protection, better fuel efficiency, and easy cold startability. Synthetic oil is also a superior type of motor oil that offers better performance and protection than conventional oil. Using the recommended oil type can help to maintain the health and performance of your engine.
- EFFICIENCY: Tough Guard provides 99% filtration efficiency and ideal protection for drivers who push their vehicles to the extreme.
- ENGINE PROTECTION: Synthetic fiber/cellulose blend increases dirt-trapping and dirt-holding capacity for higher levels of engine protection and longer filter life. Synthetic blend media provides 99% dirt holding capacity.
- TEMPERATURE RESISTENCE: For heavy-duty towing and hauling, stop-and-go traffic, or extreme weather, Tough Guard is engineered to handle demanding conditions. Engineered for either conventional or synthetic motor oils, Tough Guard filters deliver superior protection.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Oil filters come with SureGrip that provides non-slip surface for easier installation and removal. Internally lubricated sealing gasket for easier filter removal.
- Effectively removes contaminants
- Provides quality engine effectiveness
- Recommended for use with Toyota air filter products
- Can be used with other air filter brands
- Country of Origin : Canada
- The package length is 7.62 centimeters
- The package height is 10.922 centimeters
- The package width is 7.62 centimeters
Used Oil Disposal and Handling
Used engine oil can contain harmful contaminants such as lead, cadmium, and chromium that can cause skin disorders such as inflammation or skin cancer. Inhaling oil vapors can also cause respiratory problems. Therefore, it is important to handle and dispose of used engine oil safely to avoid potential health hazards.
Proper disposal methods for used engine oil include taking it to a local collection center, recycling facility, or auto parts store that accepts used oil for recycling. Used oil filters should also be properly disposed of in the same manner. It is important to avoid pouring used oil down drains or onto the ground, as it can contaminate water sources and harm the environment.
Safety precautions when handling used engine oil include wearing gloves, goggles, and protective clothing to avoid contact with skin and eyes. Used oil should be stored in a sealed container that is labeled properly and kept out of reach of children and animals. After handling used oil, it is important to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
In summary, the 2010 Lexus RX 350 requires Toyota Genuine Motor Oil or equivalent oil grade with a recommended oil viscosity of SAE-5W-20 or SAE-0W-20. It is important to follow the recommended engine oil capacity, drain and refill process, and oil change intervals to ensure proper engine lubrication, performance, and longevity. Used engine oil should be disposed of safely, and proper safety precautions should be taken when handling it.
Following the manufacturer’s recommendations for engine oil type, capacity, and change intervals is essential for maintaining the health and performance of your 2010 Lexus RX 350 engine. Regular oil changes with the recommended oil type and viscosity can help reduce engine wear and tear, improve fuel efficiency, and ensure optimal performance. Safe disposal of used engine oil is also important for protecting the environment and avoiding potential health hazards.
The information provided in this article is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as professional mechanical advice. While the author has made every effort to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information in this article, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of the information provided.
Engineswork.com participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Last update on 2024-02-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API