If you’re looking for an equivalent to Mopar ATF 4, you’ve come to the right place. Here, we’ll discuss what this fluid is and how it compares to other lubricants on the market. We’ll also provide a few recommendations so that you can find an equivalent that will work well in your vehicle. Keep reading for more information!
What Can I Use Instead of Mopar ATF+4?
ATF +4 is a synthetic fluid for finely-tuned transmissions, so if you use a non-synthetic ATF instead of ATF +4 in a car or truck that calls for it, you could damage the transmission. Instead of Mopar ATF 4, you can use Valvoline ATF+4, Castrol Transmax ATF+4, Royal Purple 06320-6PK Max ATF.
Is Dexron 3 The Same As ATF 4?
The most significant distinction between the two is the vehicles they are made to be used in, as well as the additives that are specific to those vehicles. Use transmission fluid your car’s transmission demands if you don’t, you will damage the transmission.
What Is Mopar ATF+4?
Mopar ATF+4 is compatible with a variety of vehicles and may be added to any manufacturer’s automatic transmission. Mopar ATF+4 has exceptional resistance to wear and corrosion. However, the red pigment in Mopar ATF+4 is not permanent; as the fluid ages, it might become darker or acquire a brown tint. Additionally, there is a distinct odor associated with Mopar ATF+4 that varies over time. The color and scent of ATF+4 fluids are no longer indicators of fluid condition or necessarily support a fluid change when used in conjunction with ATF+.
When ATF+4 is used to service vehicles originally filled with ATF+3, ATF+2, or ATF+, the fluid maintenance instructions supplied for that model do not change. The present service interval should be maintained.
- Better anti-wear properties;
- Improved rust/corrosion prevention;
- Controls oxidation;
- Eliminates deposits;
- Controls friction;
- Retains anti-foaming properties;
- Superior properties for low-temperature operation.
Castrol 6810 Transmax ATF +4
Castrol 6810 Transmax ATF +4 is the perfect choice for anyone looking for excellent quality, full synthetic automatic transmission fluid. Our advanced formula exceeds the requirements of ATF+3 and is certified and approved for use in all Chrysler cars and trucks that require ATF+4. Plus, it’s engineered with superior base oils to ensure superb low and high-temperature performance. So if you’re looking for an exceptional ATFL that meets or exceeds Fiat Chrysler’s stringent requirements, Castrol 6810 Transmax ATF +4 is the right choice for you.
- Full Synthetic formula exceeds ATF+3 requirements
- Certified and approved for all Chrysler cars and trucks that require ATF+4, Mopar ATF+3, ATF+2, ATF+2 Type 7176, or ATF+
- Technologically advanced, full synthetic formulation provides superior transmission life
- Engineered with superior base oils to ensure superb low and high temperature performance
- Meets or Exceeds Fiat Chrysler ATF+4 requirements
Valvoline ATF + 4
Valvoline ATF + 4 is a mixed automatic transmission fluid that meets Chrysler Material Standard MS-9602. It’s intended as factory fill for all 1998 and later Chrysler Corp. automatic transmissions and transaxles. It’s fully compatible with all gearboxes requiring Mopar ATF+®, Mopar ATF+2™, or Mopar ATF+3TM, among others. Valvoline ATF + 4 is suitable for use in all applications that call for Mopar ATF+4 or Type MS-9602 fluid.
- EXCEEDS DEMANDS OF AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS of most Chrysler, Dodge, Ram & other Stellantis vehicles
- HIGH-EFFICIENCY CONDITIONERS protect and prolong the elasticity of seals, preventing leaks
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY REDUCES WEAR, foaming, and oxidation while protecting transmission performance
- SUPERIOR HIGH & LOW TEMP PERFORMANCE supports transmission fluid in all weather & driving situations