Do you own a Chrysler and need high-quality motor oil? The MS-6395 approved motor oils should be at the top of your list since they are designed especially for your car’s engine.
Synthetic and some conventional oils, as well as value-based products, have all received the MS-6395 certification from Chrysler. The good news is that you will seldom be unable to purchase a substantial household company oil that does not meet the specification of the MS-63895 certification.
Synthetic MS-6395 Certified Oils
Conventional MS-6395 Certified Oils
What Oil Does Chrysler Recommend?
API Certified SAE 5W-20 Engine Oil, meeting the requirements of Chrysler Material Standard MS-6395 and MOPAR®, Pennzoil®, and Shell Helix®, is recommended for 3.6L and 5.7L engines. Refer to your engine oil filler cap for the proper grade of SAE.
Best MS-6395 0W-20 Oil Equivalent
- Full synthetic SAE OW-20 Mopar motor oil
- Compatible with 2014-2020 Dodge Durango 3.6L
- Full synthetic 0W-20 engine oil made with natural gas, not crude, using Pennzoil's patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus Technology — designed for vehicles with over 75,000 miles
- Pennzoil 0W-20 is a carbon neutral motor oil, achieved through verified Nature Based Carbon Credits that offset the CO2 lifecycle emissions
- Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 0W-20 keeps pistons up to 45% cleaner than the toughest industry standard (based on Sequence IIIH results)
- No other leading high mileage motor oil provides better protection from friction (based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30)
Best MS-6395 5W-20 Oil Equivalent
- For best performance, follow the manufacturer's recommendations in your vehicle owner’s manual.
- Manufacturer Chrysler
- OEM Number 68218891AA
- SAE/Viscosity 5W-20
- APPLICATIONS – Fits 200, 300, Town & Country
- THE ULTIMATE TOOL FOR YOUR OIL CHANGE – This CRAFTSMAN Oil Change Kit provides everything you need to get your oil change done: 6 quarts of oil, 1 oil filter, 1 drain plug, 1 funnel, and 1 oil change sticker
- IMPROVED PERFORMANCE – CRAFTSMAN oil is blended with premium additives which guarantees protection that lasts 20% longer than average and synthetic blend oils, allowing you to go for up to 10,000 miles between oil changes
- BETTER ENGINE PROTECTION – CRAFTSMAN oil provides 3x better wear protection for your engine based on current industry standards (as measured in the Sequence IVB test)
- Innovative anti-wear additives provide 50% more wear protection than industry standards as tested in the industry Sequence IVA wear test
- Full synthetic formula for exceptional high and low temperature protection
- Extra detergents help fight sludge and deposits
- Superior antioxidants resist motor oil breakdown in extreme conditions
- MAXLIFE TECHNOLOGY PREVENTS engine breakdown with 40% better wear protection than the industry standard
- REFRESH AGING SEALS AND PREVENT LEAKS with seal conditioners
- REDUCE SLUDGE, DEPOSITS, CORROSION, AND RUST with added detergents – keep motors clean inside
- ENHANCED FRICTION PERFORMANCE HELPS MAXIMIZE POWER with advanced friction-fighting agents
Best MS-6395 5W-30 Oil Equivalent
- Six quarts of SAE 5W-30 Maxpro conventional motor oil.
- Twelve quarts of SAE 5W-30 Maxpro conventional motor oil.
- ADVANCED PROTECTION IN EUROPEAN VEHICLES agains the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear friction heat and deposits
- EXTRA WEAR PROTECTION vs. industry and OEM standards with advanced anti-wear additives
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE FOR EUROPEAN gasoline and diesel engines
- EXCEPTIONAL HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE PROTECTION defends your engine no matter the climate or driving conditions
- ADVANCED PROTECTION AGAINST the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear friction heat and deposits
- 40% BETTER WEAR PROTECTION vs. industry standard as tested in the Sequence IVB engine test
- 25% BETTER DEPOSIT PROTECTION with superior engine cleaning detergents as tested in the GMOD engine test
- EXCEPTIONAL HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE PROTECTION defends your motor no matter the weather conditions
Best MS-6395 0W-30 Oil Equivalent
- Made with Pennzoil's patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus Technology combined with a high-performance additive system for complete protection
- Full synthetic 0W-30 motor oil formulated for diesel and gasoline engines and is approved for most Mercedes-Benz, VW, Audi, and Porsche vehicles
- Helps keep diesel particulate filters clean and protects the from ash build-up that can block the exhaust system and lead to reduced engine performance
- Provides superior piston cleanliness (up to 45% cleaner, based on DV4TD vs. ACEA C2/Ce using SAE 0W-30 )
- Contains 100% true synthetic base oils with unique, organic, Moly and Boron boosted additive pack; API SN plus licensed with no aftermarket additives
- Up to 78% wear reduction on pistons, bearings, and turbo-chargers; 50% lower deposits; exceptionally fast starts; smooth, flawless, and quieter engine operation
- Excellent long term engine protection for all critical engine parts such as cams, tappets, valves, crankshaft, bearings, and turbo-charges; dramatically improved overall engine performance; lasts 15,000 miles or 2 year
- Friction modified; active plating on engine parts; extremely resilient, regenerative layering of Moly & Boron on metals
- Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy full-synthetic motor oil 0W-30 is low-viscosity to help improve fuel economy.*
- Utilizes Mobil 1’s signature Triple Action Formula to deliver outstanding engine performance, protection, and cleanliness
- Helps protect critical engine parts for up to 10,000 miles between oil changes,** controlling oxidation to prevent oil breakdown and maintaining excellent viscosity
- Meets ILSAC GF-6 standards to help provide low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) and timing chain wear protection while keeping your engine clean
Best MS-6395 10W-30 Oil Equivalent
- PERFORMANCE – Full synthetic formula provides maximum engine protection and performance
- PROTECTION – Provides high temperature durability and high RPM Protection
- PEACE OF MIND – Wet clutch formula prevents clutch slippage
- HARSH CONDITIONS – Designed to protect against abrupt changes in load and longer periods of non-use
- EXCELLENT WEAR PROTECTION IN HEAVY DUTY APPLICATIONS that can take a toll on critical internal moving parts
- RESISTS OXIDATION AND FIGHTS DEPOSITS & SLUDGE with higher quality synthetic base oils and special inhibitors
- STRONG SHEER STABILITY HELPS MAINTAIN PERFORMANCE and resists changes in its viscosity so that it can perform and protect your engine
- PROPRIETARY ONE SOLUTION GEN2 TECHNOLOGY designed to protect hardworking diesel, gasoline and natural gas engines in both on-highway and off-highway applications
- Full synthetic 10W-30 diesel engine oil with Triple Protection Plus technology protects against wear, deposits, and oil breakdown
- Enhanced fuel economy capability of up to 2%* without compromising engine protection
- Extreme temperature protection for more uptime in extreme conditions; ideal for locations with large ambient temperature ranges
- Improved cold start performance so that oil reaches critical engine parts faster in cold weather
Chrysler MS-6395 Certification
The Motor Oil Standard 6395, or MS-6395 for short, is a Chrysler Group LLC motor oil certification standard. Its main goal is to assist manufacturers in determining the appropriate oil properties for Chrysler automobile engines.
The oils are subjected to a variety of tests in order to obtain certification. The oil is put in automobiles for at least 100,000 miles over several weather conditions in one major test. The quality and suitability of the oil are determined by the results. If an oil fails a test, the manufacturer receives the findings and recommendations for improvement.
Chrysler MS-6395 is a requirement for many motor oils. These are recognized names such as Castrol, Havoline, Pennzoil, Quaker State, Royal Purple, and Valvoline.
The MS-6395 Chrysler Oil has the following features:
- Higher viscosity for slow flow.
- High-quality oil for maximum performance.
- Thick oil reduces the tear and wear of the engine parts.
According to Chrysler Group LLC’s document number MS-6395, any oils wanting the MS-6395 accreditation must fulfill additional criteria. The API engine oil licensing and certification system (EOLCS) is one of the initial demands (EOLCS), as evidenced by ILSAC GF-5 accreditation.
To ensure that the oils used in our products are consistent with the API’s specifications, we must inspect and test each batch of oil to meet these criteria. The API 1509 latest edition specifies these requirements, as well as the need for current API licenses. The ILSAC GF-5 certification was established in October 2010 to establish minimum performance standards for gas-fueled engines.
Synthetic or Conventional?
In general, about half of the products in the multi-grade range are MS-6395 certified. For example, Castrol’s best synthetic blend and traditional aren’t MS-6395 certified. Other firms, such as Pennzoil and Quaker, have taken the approach of certifying a synthetic oil and a conventional oil while opting out on specialized goods like high mileage motor oils. In contrast to the crowd, Valvoline has almost all of its items under MS-6395 (except for NexGen, their recycled oil combination).
If you can’t acquire an MS-6395 product, you should pick a grade of oil and API service category (API SN). If everything else fails, go to your local Jeep dealer’s parts department and ask for genuine Mopar parts.
Does Royal Purple Meet MS-6395?
The Royal Purple SAE 0W-20 (quart bottle, part #01020), Royal Purple SAE 5W-20 (quart bottle, part #01520), and Royal Purple SAE 5W-30 (quart bottle, part #01530) all comply with the Chrysler FCA US MS-6395 standard.
Why Mobil 1 Is Not On The List?
In 2014, Fiat bought Chrysler, buying up all remaining shares (41% of Chrysler’s shares), making it the sole owner of the brand. Furthermore, because of an existing relationship with Shell Oil Products US (SOPUS), Pennzoil is a subsidiary of Fiat. This is one of the reasons why Mobil-1 oils were removed from the Chrysler MS-6359 certification list.
The information provided in this article is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as professional mechanical advice. While the author has made every effort to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in this article, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of the information provided.
Any action you take upon the information provided in this article is strictly at your own risk, and we will not be liable for any losses, damages, or injuries incurred as a result of or in connection with the use of this information. It is strongly advised that you consult with a certified BMW mechanic or service center before attempting any maintenance or repair work.
Last update on 2023-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API