EnginesWork.com is reader-supported. When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you. Read more
If you drive a Toyota with an automatic transmission, it’s essential to use the correct fluid. Toyota T-IV automatic transmission fluid is designed specifically for Toyotas, and using anything else could damage your transmission. So what are the Toyota T-IV equivalents? This article will discuss the best ATF T-IV replacement fluids and show you how to switch out your old fluid for something new.
Top Toyota T-IV ATF alternatives are Idemitsu ATF Type TLS (T-IV), Valvoline MaxLife ATF, and Mobil 1 3309 ATF T-IV.
- Precisely engineered frictional characteristics guarantee smooth shifting and outstanding anti-shudder performance
- Excellent resistance to oxidation and thermal breakdown provide long fluid life and extended protection
- Provides superior cleanliness, maintaining the transmission free of sludge and varnish deposits
- Advanced anti-wear technology provides maximum protection to gears and bearings
- Excellent seal compatibility and conditioning reduces risk of fluid leaks due to seal shrinkage, hardening and cracking
Engineered for and meets requirements of Toyota/Lexus/Scion Automatic Transmission with T-IV specifications.
|Appearance||–||Visual||Clear Amber Liquid|
|Density @ 15°C||g/cm3||ASTM D4052||0.85|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C||cSt||ASTM D445||34.9|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C||cSt||ASTM D445||7.3|
|Viscosity Index||–||ASTM D2270||183|
|Pour Point||°C||ASTM D97||-50|
|Brookfield Viscosity @ -40°C||cP||ASTM D2983||14,100|
|MRV Viscosity @ -35°C||cP||ASTM D4684||15,400|
|Flash Point, COC||°C||ASTM D92||200|
- Formulated with full-synthetic base stocks and advanced additive technology to meet the challenging demands of automatic transmissions.
- High-performance seal conditioners maintain and preserve the elasticity of seals to help prevent leaks in high mileage transmissions
- Developed with anti-wear technology to help improve transmission durability
- Engineered with a proprietary blend of base oils and advanced additives to provide better oil flow at low temperatures and greater film protection at higher temperatures
It’s specifically recommended for use in the following applications: GM DEXRON-II, DEXRON-III, and DEXRON-VI; Ford MERCON LV; Toyota/Lexus Type T, T-II, T-IV, and WS; Honda/Acura ATF-Z1; Nissan/Infiniti Matic-D, Matic-J, Matic-K and Matic-S; Hyundai/Kia SP-II, SP-III, SP-IV and SPH-IV; BMW 7045E, ETL 8072B, LA2634 and LT71141; Allison C-4; Mercedes-Benz NAG-1; Volvo 1161521, 1161540, 97340 and 1273.41; and VW/Audi G-052-025-A2 and G-052-162-A1.
- Excellent lubricating characteristics for quiet operation and smooth shifting in approved transmissions
- Controlled friction properties for smooth and efficient transmission of power across all normal temperature ranges
- Helps to control transmission shudder and provide excellent vehicle drivability
- Helps to extend transmission life based on excellent wear control
- Long fluid life based on excellent oxidation resistance
This product is recommended for use in applications requiring: Audi G-055-025-A2, GM 9986195, Toyota T-IV
Can I use Dexron III instead of T-IV?
No. The T-IV is a different type of automatic transmission fluid that isn’t intended to be a Dexron II or III replacement.
What is the difference between ATF WS and ATF T-IV?
Toyota uses a full synthetic blend, referred to as WS, for their 2008 and later cars that they claim does not require replacement and is effective for the life of the car. Type-IV is not synthetic, so it needs to be replaced every 60k miles.
Last update on 2022-07-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API