If you drive a Toyota with an automatic transmission, it’s essential to use the correct fluid. Toyota T-IV automatic transmission fluid is designed specifically for Toyotas, and using anything else could damage your transmission. So what are the Toyota T-IV equivalents? This article will discuss the best ATF T-IV replacement fluids and show you how to switch out your old fluid for something new.
Top Toyota T-IV ATF alternatives are Idemitsu ATF Type TLS (T-IV), Valvoline MaxLife ATF, and Mobil 1 3309 ATF T-IV.
- Precisely engineered frictional characteristics guarantee smooth shifting and outstanding anti-shudder performance
- Excellent resistance to oxidation and thermal breakdown provide long fluid life and extended protection
- Provides superior cleanliness, maintaining the transmission free of sludge and varnish deposits
- Advanced anti-wear technology provides maximum protection to gears and bearings
Engineered for and meets requirements of Toyota/Lexus/Scion Automatic Transmission with T-IV specifications.
|Appearance||–||Visual||Clear Amber Liquid|
|Density @ 15°C||g/cm3||ASTM D4052||0.85|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C||cSt||ASTM D445||34.9|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C||cSt||ASTM D445||7.3|
|Viscosity Index||–||ASTM D2270||183|
|Pour Point||°C||ASTM D97||-50|
|Brookfield Viscosity @ -40°C||cP||ASTM D2983||14,100|
|MRV Viscosity @ -35°C||cP||ASTM D4684||15,400|
|Flash Point, COC||°C||ASTM D92||200|
- SUITABLE FOR USE IN 95% of ATF VEHICLES in operation with US registered light duty applications.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CONDITIONING AGENTS prolong seal elasticity to prevent leaks
- IMPROVE DURABILITY & TRANSMISSION LIFE with anti-wear technology to avoid costly repairs, Superior anti-shudder performance
- ENHANCED HIGH & LOW TEMP PERFORMANCE supports transmission fluid in all weather situations
It’s specifically recommended for use in the following applications: GM DEXRON-II, DEXRON-III, and DEXRON-VI; Ford MERCON LV; Toyota/Lexus Type T, T-II, T-IV, and WS; Honda/Acura ATF-Z1; Nissan/Infiniti Matic-D, Matic-J, Matic-K and Matic-S; Hyundai/Kia SP-II, SP-III, SP-IV and SPH-IV; BMW 7045E, ETL 8072B, LA2634 and LT71141; Allison C-4; Mercedes-Benz NAG-1; Volvo 1161521, 1161540, 97340 and 1273.41; and VW/Audi G-052-025-A2 and G-052-162-A1.
- Excellent lubricating characteristics for quiet operation and smooth shifting in approved transmissions
- Controlled friction properties for smooth and efficient transmission of power across all normal temperature ranges
- Helps to control transmission shudder and provide excellent vehicle drivability
- Helps to extend transmission life based on excellent wear control
This product is recommended for use in applications requiring: Audi G-055-025-A2, GM 9986195, Toyota T-IV
Can I use Dexron III instead of T-IV?
No. The T-IV is a different type of automatic transmission fluid that isn’t intended to be a Dexron II or III replacement.
What is the difference between ATF WS and ATF T-IV?
Toyota uses a full synthetic blend, referred to as WS, for their 2008 and later cars that they claim do not require replacement and is effective for the life of the car. Type IV is not synthetic, so it needs to be replaced every 60k miles.
The information provided in this article is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as professional mechanical advice. While the author has made every effort to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in this article, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of the information provided.
Any action you take upon the information provided in this article is strictly at your own risk, and we will not be liable for any losses, damages, or injuries incurred as a result of or in connection with the use of this information. It is strongly advised that you consult with a certified BMW mechanic or service center before attempting any maintenance or repair work.
Last update on 2023-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API