If you drive a Toyota with an automatic transmission, it’s essential to use the correct fluid. Toyota T-IV automatic transmission fluid is designed specifically for Toyotas, and using anything else could damage your transmission. So what are the Toyota T-IV equivalents? This article will discuss the best ATF T-IV replacement fluids and show you how to switch out your old fluid for something new.
Top Toyota T-IV ATF alternatives are Idemitsu ATF Type TLS (T-IV), Valvoline MaxLife ATF, and Mobil 1 3309 ATF T-IV.
- Precisely engineered frictional characteristics guarantee smooth shifting and outstanding anti-shudder performance
- Excellent resistance to oxidation and thermal breakdown provide long fluid life and extended protection
- Provides superior cleanliness, maintaining the transmission free of sludge and varnish deposits
- Advanced anti-wear technology provides maximum protection to gears and bearings
- Excellent seal compatibility and conditioning reduces risk of fluid leaks due to seal shrinkage, hardening and cracking
Engineered for and meets requirements of Toyota/Lexus/Scion Automatic Transmission with T-IV specifications.
|Appearance||–||Visual||Clear Amber Liquid|
|Density @ 15°C||g/cm3||ASTM D4052||0.85|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C||cSt||ASTM D445||34.9|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C||cSt||ASTM D445||7.3|
|Viscosity Index||–||ASTM D2270||183|
|Pour Point||°C||ASTM D97||-50|
|Brookfield Viscosity @ -40°C||cP||ASTM D2983||14,100|
|MRV Viscosity @ -35°C||cP||ASTM D4684||15,400|
|Flash Point, COC||°C||ASTM D92||200|
- SUITABLE FOR USE IN 95% of ATF VEHICLES in operation with US registered light duty applications.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CONDITIONING AGENTS prolong seal elasticity to prevent leaks
- IMPROVE DURABILITY & TRANSMISSION LIFE with anti-wear technology to avoid costly repairs
- ENHANCED HIGH & LOW TEMP PERFORMANCE supports transmission fluid in all weather situations
It’s specifically recommended for use in the following applications: GM DEXRON-II, DEXRON-III, and DEXRON-VI; Ford MERCON LV; Toyota/Lexus Type T, T-II, T-IV, and WS; Honda/Acura ATF-Z1; Nissan/Infiniti Matic-D, Matic-J, Matic-K and Matic-S; Hyundai/Kia SP-II, SP-III, SP-IV and SPH-IV; BMW 7045E, ETL 8072B, LA2634 and LT71141; Allison C-4; Mercedes-Benz NAG-1; Volvo 1161521, 1161540, 97340 and 1273.41; and VW/Audi G-052-025-A2 and G-052-162-A1.
- Excellent lubricating characteristics for quiet operation and smooth shifting in approved transmissions
- Controlled friction properties for smooth and efficient transmission of power across all normal temperature ranges
- Helps to control transmission shudder and provide excellent vehicle drivability
- Helps to extend transmission life based on excellent wear control
- Long fluid life based on excellent oxidation resistance
This product is recommended for use in applications requiring: Audi G-055-025-A2, GM 9986195, Toyota T-IV
Can I use Dexron III instead of T-IV?
No. The T-IV is a different type of automatic transmission fluid that isn’t intended to be a Dexron II or III replacement.
What is the difference between ATF WS and ATF T-IV?
Toyota uses a full synthetic blend, referred to as WS, for their 2008 and later cars that they claim does not require replacement and is effective for the life of the car. Type-IV is not synthetic, so it needs to be replaced every 60k miles.