Disclosure: we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post via affiliate links to products. This doesn't make any additional cost to you.
OE brakes are OK for cruising and commuting, but when you push your car hard on twisty roads or at the track or pull a trailer with your truck over mountainous terrain, you can quickly find out they don’t provide the stopping power you need. Upgrading your brake pads can help, but for a real difference in braking, with shorter stopping distances and a consistently firm pedal with less brake fade, you need a performance brake kit.
We picked kits that consist of components engineered to work together, in sizes and materials specially designed to provide optimal braking performance for each specific application.
From a basic pad and rotor upgrade to the ultimate in braking performance – exotic floating carbon-ceramic rotors with lightweight billet aluminum multi-piston monobloc calipers – we have performance brake kits for every application and budget.
We even have brake kits for vehicles that didn’t come from the factory with disc brakes. Whether you have an older vehicle with drum brakes at all four wheels or a late model car or truck with drums in the rear, our disc brake conversion kits provide everything you need to get reliable, predictable and fade-free stopping power.
Our TOP Picks
Our Reader’s Also Shopped For
New Releases in Automotive Performance Brake Kits
- Quick and effective, renovated coating paste maintenance agent can penetrate deeply into the pores of the material, instantly brighten, slow down aging, and easily wipe off contaminants without damaging the surface.
- Polishing Compound & Scratch Remover, It can be used for all plastic, rubber, leather, oil-free, dust-free, non-corrosive, transparent and glare-free vehicles, Vinyl Back to Life!
- Long-term Maintain, Cleaning once can last a long time, auto restorer, saving a lot of maintenance costs, Protect your car from scratching, make the car more shining like the new.
- Car Restorer Cream, No change color after washing, A protective layer is formed on the plastic surface without fading after repeated washing.
- Safety, Made of Eco-friendly materials, oil-free formula, harmless and odor-free, it will not damage to your car or other leather items.
- Freely adjust the speed of flashing through the small knob at the plug.
- 2-pin flasher relay for most Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha motorcycles.
- Waterproof - Turn signal flasher relay is waterproof design, stable and durable, easy to install.
- Plug and Play - Directly replace the old relay. Eliminate the need for tapping wires to install the load resistors.
- The Max Power of the relay is 42W, which mean the power of your ( all ) LED bulbs must low than 42 W. If more than 42 W, load resistors may be required.
- ✅NEW CAR LUXURY THAT LASTS - Our custom Renegade car interior liners and cup holder mats are engineered in the USA with a unique design that offers a precise fit you won't find elsewhere, perfectly placed tab handles for easy removal, a sleek mods look without logo designs that gather grime, and a patented all-weather material that withstands heat up to 170 degrees without the “rubber tire” smell
- ✅YOUR INTERIOR IS COVERED - Floor mats, cup coasters, and seat covers aren't enough to protect against all the gunk attracted in automotive drink holders, door pocket storage, and center console car areas. Your new 23 piece non slip mat set protects your center console tray, door pockets, and cup holders and keeps your vehicle looking fly. (Fits Jeep Renegade models 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021including trim levels: Sport, Latitude, Limited, and Trailhawk)
- ✅LIFETIME WARRANTY - CupHolderHero auto cup holder and console interior accessories protect from damage and increase your resale value. Plus we GUARANTEE this is the only liner car accessories set you’ll ever need to buy for the life of your vehicle! If you are EVER less than 100% thrilled with our automotive accessories, we’ll happily replace them or refund your money any time
- ✅SAVE TIME & MONEY ON interior CAR WASHES and detailing. Fits Jeep Renegade interiors. Our protective liners are specially designed with a 3D texture that catches spills and a double raised edge to contain them. The non-slip bottom clings to your cupholders and console areas so they stay in place when you lift up your slurpee, and the built in handle makes for easy removal and cleaning
- ✅BEST GIFTS FOR MEN WHO HAVE EVERYTHING - CupHolderHero car interior accessories are great gift ideas for men or women who enjoy the feeling of a clean car and love a detailed custom look. Supports Jeep Renegade Mods. You can’t go wrong! With our assorted color options we are sure to have the right look to match your floormats and seat covers. Give the gift of custom fit liner accessories suitable for Jeep Renegades
- Proprietary carbon-fiber ceramic materials enhance heat dissipation versus a typical ceramic brake pad for better stopping power at high speed
- Low dust braking validated through on-vehicle 3rd party tests in Los Angeles, showing on average 30% less dust versus OE
- Drilled and Slotted brake rotors are zinc plated for maximum protection against rust
- The red powder coated brake calipers are coated with easy to clean powder coating helps to resist rust and corrosion and extends the life of calipers
- Fitment: Chevrolet Camaro 2002-1998; Pontiac Firebird 2002-1998
- Power Stop Carbon-fiber ceramic compound significantly enhances braking performance versus traditional ceramic brake pads
- Low dust braking validated through on-vehicle 3rd party tests in Los Angeles, showing on average 30% less dust versus OE.
- Dual layer high temp rubberized shims insulate noise for virtually silent braking.
- Drilled & Slotted performance rotors for maximum cooling. They are zinc plated for maximum protection against rust.
- Brake rotor, pad & hardware engineered to work together to increase stopping power, improve durability & eliminate dust
- Custom-matched components are engineered to work together for superior braking power on your daily-driver
- Z23 Carbon-Fiber ceramic formula ensures dust-free braking performance.
- Premium rubberized shims provide virtually noise-free braking.
- Drilled & Slotted performance rotors for maximum cooling.
- Includes premium stainless steel hardware kit and ceramic brake lubricant for easy installation.
- Many products require vehicle-specific fitment
- View the Compatibility table to ensure the part fits your year, make, model and submodel
- Please reference the submodel information located on the far left within the Compatibility table under "Notes"
- Please note: Due to our high sales volume, it may take up to 2-business days for us to reply to all questions and/or requests.
- We do not offer shipping to APO/FPO
Most Wished For
Consider our rankings above as a suggestion. The final choice is yours. We believe that by reading this page you already know how to use this device correctly.
If you noticed a problem, please, feel free to contact us in the comment box below, at our Contact Us page or at our Facebook group.
How do we do our tests?
We use the most modern approaches in the selection and evaluation of goods. Hundreds of thousands of reviews are regularly checked by our AI system and stored in the database so that you can see the most accurate and latest data.
The core components of a basic brake kit are a set of performance disc brake rotors paired with metallic or ceramic application-specific friction compound brake pads. The rotors are constructed with materials like high carbon content or high silicon content cast iron or carbon-ceramic, to dissipate heat and remain true at high temperatures, and most are drilled and/or slotted to vent heat, water, and pad gasses.
Kits are available with stock size rotors as well as with larger diameter rotors in “big brake kits”, which provide even more braking force. Installing a big brake kit may also require the fitment of larger diameter wheels and tires. Some rotors are 2-piece with lightweight aluminum center sections, and 2-piece floating rotors allow the friction surface to expand independently of the mounting area.
The next step up from a basic brake kit is a kit with brake calipers, which range from OE-type 1-piston and 2-piston calipers to lightweight, aluminum multi-piston calipers. Most of the latter type are 2-piece or billet aluminum monobloc fixed calipers with up to 8 pistons.
They’re lighter and flex much less than factory calipers, so all the hydraulic force is applied to the brake pads, and the multiple pistons and increased rigidity ensure even pressure is applied to the pads and both sides of the rotor for better braking force. Some multi-piston calipers have staggered piston sizes to prevent tapered pad wear, and some are available powder coated in your choice of colors to perfectly complement drilled and slotted rotors and custom wheels.
In addition to the above, braided stainless steel brake lines are supplied with many kits. These lines prevent the hose expansion and mushy brake pedal that can occur with ordinary rubber hoses, especially when the brake fluid gets hot. They combine with the kit’s rigid callipers to ensure all available hydraulic pressure is directed to the caliper pistons for optimal friction material application and better braking response and pedal feel.
They’re also better able to resist impacts and abrasion than rubber, with a high-performance look that provides the finishing touch on your new brake system. Last but certainly not least, each kit includes application-specific hardware and caliper mounting brackets where required, to ensure precise fitment of each brake kit component and easy installation.
Last update on 2021-04-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API