If you notice that your car fails to function steadily and run smoothly or your vehicle starts to consume more fuel plus you witness a backfire, it’s the right time to inspect the ignition coils. These pieces deal with taking power from the generator and delivering it to the spark plugs. In such a way, they ensure fuel ignition to make the automobile run fast and smooth.
If you see that your automobile suffers from ignition coil malfunction, it’s advisable to acquire a fresh ignition coil pack and employ it instead of the old one. The good quality ignition coils are efficient and reliable. They are pretty compact and can be easily installed.
Now, let’s see what the best ignition coils are. Moreover, we are going to provide you with some tips on their choice and application.
Best Ignition Coils for Ford F-150
- Upgrade 15% More Energy Than OE Coils.
- Reduces Misfire and Eliminates Hesitation.
- Super High Conductive Coil and Super High Di-electric Performance Epoxy, 5 Years Warranty.
- Compatible to: 5C1584 E508 3L3E-12A366-CA 3L3Z-12029-BA C1659 5C1584 3L3Z12029BA 3L3U12A366BB 3L3E12A366CA 50082 601000 11054 DG-511 DG511 3L3Z 12029 BA 3L3U 12A366 BB 3L3E 12A366.
- IGNITION COILS fit selected Ford 4.6l 5.4l v8, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles including EXPEDITION, EXPLORER, F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, MUSTANG, Mark, NAVIGATOR, and MOUNTAINEER. Please check fitment bar and description before you BUY IT to confirm it fits on the year/ month of manufacture of your vehicle.
Best Ignition Coils for Jeep Wrangler
- Replacement Ignition Coil - Solves common misfire and rough running issues. This Ignition Coil Pack will get your 4.0 Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, TJ back in perfect running condition. Improving drive-ability and regaining lost fuel economy.
- Compatible Replacement for Jeep Vehicles - 2000, 2001 Cherokee - 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Grand Cherokee - 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 Wrangler 4.0L and TJ - including 2002 Wrangler, 2001 Cherokee, 4.0 Grand Cherokee See below for complete list of vehicles
- 2 Year or 24,000 mile warranty. If the ignition coil pack ever fails contact us for a free replacement. We want to insure your Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, TJ runs perfectly for years to come.
- OEM Quality, Fit, and Finish (Not a genuine OEM part). This ignition coil is designed specifically for the Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, TJ
- Replaces the following part numbers: 56041476AA, 56041476AB, UF-296, 610-02833, C1230, C1263, 5C1181, 5C1182, 250056
Best Ignition Coils for Acura TL
- Ignition Coil Packs are engineered for original equipment and replacement applications. Every component either matches or improves on the OE design to ensure fast and easy installation with superior performance and reliability
- Compatible with Acura 2001 2002 2003 CL 3.2L, 2005 2006 2007 2008 RL 3.5L, 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 TL 3.2L, 2007 2008 TL 3.5L
- Compatible with Honda 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 Accord 3.0L, 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Odyssey 3.5L
- Part Number: replacement for 90919-02247, C1221, UF242, 30520P8EA01, 30520P8FA01, 30520RCAA02
- Lifetime Warranty - Please use enter your vehicle in your Amazon Garage above to see if this part is compatible with your vehicle
Best Ignition Coil Reviews
Ena Curved Boot Ignition Coil
- Ignition Coils are engineered for original equipment and replacement applications. Every component either matches or improves on the OE design to ensure fast and easy installation with superior performance and reliability
- Lifetime Warranty - Please use enter your vehicle in your Amazon Garage above to see if this part is compatible with your vehicle
- Replacement for DG508 DG457 DG473 DG481 DG491 C1454 C1417 FD503 F7TU-12A366AB 1L2U12029AA I2LU-12A388-AA
It’s a set, consisting of 8 curved boot ignition coils. It’s suitable for many old Ford, Lincoln and Mercury automobiles.
Among the automobiles, which can use these coils, are Ford’s 4.6L and 5.4L V8 F-150 (released before 2003), Explorer (manufactured before 2005) and Expedition (produced before 2004). These ignition coils are made of qualitative copper and feature a winding design, reducing their weight and size, but preserving the supreme quality.
Thus, as coils are very light, you will face no problems with mounting them. Moreover, misfires will be eliminated as the ignition coil delivers a high voltage to the spark plugs, leading to high energy output, accompanied by minimum emissions.
Nevertheless, the curved design sometimes may lead to longer and more challenging mounting. But it definitely costs trying as this pack is very enduring and will function pretty long.
These ignition coils can run for about 100,000 miles thanks to their resistance to corrosion and abrasion. Moreover, this pack is absolutely inexpensive for a product with such quality. It’s supplied with a lifetime warranty.
Bosch 0221504470 Ignition Coil
- Please note there is a production split at 04/2006. Send us the VIN to confirm fitment before purchase.
Bosch is usually associated with electronic appliances. However, the company turns out to be among the best brands dealing with ignition coils. The company is German and often supplies pieces for the local market. Thus, its coils are the perfect option for BMW automobiles.
Though this pack is the most pricy on our list, it comprises 6 ignition coils of supreme quality, which are noted for their endurance and reliability. The external construction of these coils has much in common with the older variations while the major differences and updates can be found inside.
For example, unlike their predecessors, these items don’t produce any snap sound while being installed. The sound was produced after the old coil seized the spark plug tip. But the new coil utilizes an HV brush and a contact spring, which ensure tighter contact with no sounds produced.
The close contact between the spark plug and ignition coil ensures the efficient delivery of high voltage and better performance on the whole.
QYL Pack of 4 Ignition Coil
- Note: Please please check the fitment before make a decision.(Use enter your vehicle in your Amazon Garage above to see if this part is compatible with your vehicle)
- Reduces common ignition coil issues such as; no/hard start, long crank time, misfires, lack of power, inconsistent transmission shifts, spark plug fouling, premature catalytic converter failure, poor fuel economy, check engine light illumination
- Our ignition coils are designed with proven materials, such as high quality wires and wire coating that resists the cracks, pin holes and imperfections that most often lead to failure issues. Each coil is design for specific application, low-emissions, and high energy output, and they will eliminate misfires and provide maximum voltage.
- To keep longer use time of the ignition coils, please pay attention to the condition of sparks.The ignition coils need to work more frequently when work together with the aged spark,that will get the ignition coils become easy to overload and aged.
- Replacement Part Number:27301-26640, 2730126640, Standard Motor Products: UF499 Aftermarket: BAB26 Herko Automotive: B079 Delphi: GN10330 OLD: 079BAB26
Having the lowest price on this list, QYL ignition coils go in a pack of 4 items.
These items were created to meet or surpass OEM performance thanks to internal parts of great quality, including high-quality copper wires plus wire coatings, which are able to withstand cracks and other possible damages, leading to malfunction.
Delivering a high voltage output to cope with misfires, such construction permits the motor to reach high energy with minimum emissions.
Besides, while quality remains the same, uniquely wound copper wires decrease their weight and size.
So, all in all, these coils prove to be very efficient despite their low price.
Parts Galaxy Ignition Coil Kit Set
- Please Check fitment for your vehicle Year/Make/Model on compatibility dropdown / chart. No modification necessary. Images depict actual item and necessary components ***
- SET OF 8 IGNITION COILS WITH 2 PRONG CONNECTORS
- Fits Part Numbers: 610-02869A / F7TZ 1202 9CC / F7TU 12A3 66CC / F7TU 12A3 66CD / 3W7Z 1202 9AA / 1L2U 12A3 66AA / F7TZ12029CC / F7TU12A366CC / F7TU12A366CD / 3W7Z12029AA / 1L2U12A366AA / DG481 / DG457 / DG508 / DG491 / DC88, DCE258, DCE261, DCE263, DG467, DG473 , DG491 , C409 , C471 , C469
- Limited-Lifetime Warranty - Brand New Item - Copper Wirings
- Built according to the highest standards of quality and precise specifications, these High Quality Ignition Coils are a Direct Replacement Part.
These ignition coils are simple, reliable and durable. The set is ideal for Japanese automobiles like Nissan Altima and Sentra 2.5L. Being built in accordance with the highest quality standards and showing great performance, these items can serve as direct substitutes to spoilt OEM coils.
Consisting of 4 ignition coils, this product is rather pricy in comparison with other sets with the same number of coils. However, that price is normal for a product of supreme quality.
Moreover, the manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty. So, if something is wrong with these ignition coils, you can replace them or return your money.
While the majority of their competitors keep traditional 2 prongs, the Parts Galaxy ignition coils feature 3 prong connectors. They conduct the current to the coils’ copper wires for the voltage step-up, which results in stronger firing after high voltage gets to the spark plugs.
King Auto Parts Motorcraft Set of 8 Ignition Coil
- 【Please Note】--Please check if your boots are curved or straight. The months are important along with year of manufacture. DG508 is for Curved Boots and DG511 is for Straight Boots
- 【Vehicle Fitment】--Compatible with 1998-2008 Ford E150,1998-2008 Ford E250,1998-2008 Ford E350,2006-2008 Ford E450,1998 Ford Econoline Super Duty,2000-2005 Ford Excursion,1998-2004 Ford Expedition,1998-2004 Ford F150,2004 Ford F150 Heritage,1998-1999 Ford F250,1999-2004 Ford F250 Super Duty,1999-2004 Ford F350 Super Duty,2011-2012 VPG MV-1,1998-1999 Lincoln Navigator
- 【Compatible with OEM numbers】--DG508,SP479,DG457,DG472,DG491,F523,COP9,FD503,DG467,DG473,DG481,FD493,FD503T,C566,F7TU12A366AB,GN10164,1L2U12029AA,1L2U12A366A,3W7Z12029AA
- 【Package included】--Set of 8 MAS coils pack DG508 + 8pcs Motorcraft Platinum Spark Plugs SP479
- 【Warranty】--One year limited warranty
Though this set is pretty expensive, it comprises 8 coils along with additional 8 Motorcraft spark plugs.
This pack allows you substituting not only ignition coils but also spark plugs in one go. As a result, you will have the whole system updated. And it will lead to better performance, enhanced horsepower, low emissions and normal fuel consumption.
These ignition coils are suitable for many Lincoln, Mercury and Ford automobiles, including 5.4L V8 Lincoln Navigator and Mark LT (2008), 4.6L V8 Mercury Mountaineer (2008), Ford Expedition (2005-2008), F-150 (2004-2008), F-250 (2005-2008) and F-350 (2005-2008).
Inside, the coils contain a multi-spark epoxy, making them more solid and able to withstand any type of vibration even if you are racing or driving off-road.
The unique coil windings make these coils light and compact without harming their efficiency. The construction makes them meet and surpass OEM ignition coil specifications. So, they are really great substitutes to initial parts.
How to Choose the Best Ignition Coils?
Before purchasing any pack of ignition coils, you must take many factors into consideration. In order to help you, we have prepared a list of key things, which must be considered to get the most efficient ignition coils for your automobile.
Compatibility with Your Automobile
While opting for the ignition coils, it’s crucial to make sure that the ones you want are suitable for your automobile. Everyone will agree that nothing annoys you like the thing, which you buy and have no opportunity to utilize. It’s especially depressing if the producer doesn’t provide any guarantees and has no return policies. So, before making any purchase, you must be sure that the chosen ignition coils will go well with your vehicle.
Number of Ignition Coils
It’s great if the pack contains 6 or 8 ignition coils. That will ease your job. Moreover, you may have some additional coils for emergency cases. Actually, buying a pack of several coils you save your time and energy as there will be no need to seek for additional ones if something goes wrong.
The prices for ignition coils are absolutely different. Usually, the cost is defined by the number of coils in the pack. Pack of 8 items is most likely to cost more. Besides, quality may be a pricing factor though it’s possible to buy good quality products at affordable prices. Anyway, it’s better to set a certain budget to know how much you can afford to spend on such a detail.
How to Understand That It’s Time to Replace Ignition Coils?
Clearly, you need to replace the coils before any serious malfunctions occur. It’s not advisable to wait until the coils are worn out as it may lead to negative consequences.
But what’s the right time to consider the possibility of ignition coil substitution? In order to understand that, have a look at the following signs of failing ignition coils.
If the exhaust produces fire, it’s a very bad sign. What happens after unburnt fuel is released to the exhaust system as a result of the non-efficient functioning of the ignition coil.
#2 Tough Start
Very often, hard starts are the consequence of inefficient work of coils, which fail to fire the spark plugs properly because of the lack of energy. This problem is especially noticeable when the weather is cold. So, it’s necessary to substitute the coils before your car rejects to start at all.
#3 High Fuel Consumption
High fuel consumption can be caused by various problems and the malfunction of ignition coils is among them. When the spark plugs start to get less power for fuel ignition, the motor will try to gain the necessary amount of power in response to the throttle.
Consequently, the electronics will do their best to compensate for the decreased power by increasing fuel injection. Thus, the automobile will start to use more fuel.
When ignition coils function improperly, the fuel is burnt irregularly during the combustion cycles and revolutions per minute start decreasing. That leads to rough idling of the automobile, accompanied by intense vibrations.
The motor may stall or even stop functioning at all due to problems with ignition coils. Failing coils lead to irregular voltage bursts, which, in their turn, result in inconstant spark production by spark plugs.
So, if you notice any of these signs, think about the immediate substitution of the ignition coils to prevent the situation from deteriorating.
Moreover, take care of spark plugs as their malfunction often leads to problems with ignition coils.
In a nutshell, there are many things, which you need to take into account while opting for the ignition coils.
We hope that our tips will help you to notice any ignition coil failure at an early stage and avoid any harmful consequences they may lead to. Moreover, now, you know what ignition coils are the best ones.