When a plug becomes damaged or worn, the engine in your Audi A5 may misfire. As a result, it’s possible that you’ll lose power and use too much gas.
When your engine is approximately 30,000 miles old, the electrode and insulator on conventional spark plugs will wear down and cause stalling and starting difficulties. Higher-priced platinum-tipped spark plugs may even last longer.
Labor costs are expected to range from $93 to $118, while parts will cost between $29 and $81. This range is calculated on the basis of the number and age of Audi A5’s on the road.
2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 Audi A5 Spark Plugs
|Info/Engine||3.2L 6-cyl Engine CALA||2.0L 4-cyl Engine CAEB Turbo|
|OEM spark plug gap||0.044″ (1.11mm)||0.032″ (0.81mm)|
|Change interval||55,000 miles||35,000 miles|
|Best spark plug||NGK 5757 PFR6X-11 Laser Platinum Spark Plug||NGK 1675 PFR7S8EG Laser Platinum Spark Plug|
||NGK 5344 IFR6D10 Laser Iridium Spark Plug||NGK 2667 BKR7EIX Iridium IX Spark Plug|
- This 6 pack DENSO Iridium Power Spark Plug is compatible with Audi A5 Quattro 2010, 2009, 2008 3.2L V6 and is perfect for a tune up or performance upgrade.
- REDUCE EMISSIONS AND MISFIRES: The patented DENSO Spark Plug enables complete fuel ignition in the combustion chamber. It virtually eliminates erratic starts caused by poor fuel mixtures and excessive fouling. The DENSO Spark Plug employs a unique ground electrode designed to generate a larger spark nucleus at the point of ignition. Greater spark energy means improved flame travel, producing more complete, consistent, and efficient combustion
- GAIN GREATER FUEL EFFICIENCY: This DENSO Spark Plug fires leaner mixtures than conventional plugs and improves throttle response. Its ground electrode was developed to improve ignitability for increased efficiency in emission gas purification and fuel consumption. The DENSO Spark Plug is 100 percent pre-fired to ensure reliable operation and lasts twice as long as conventional plugs. The unique five-rib insulator reduces flashover and decreases voltage loss
- RELY ON QUALITY AUTO PARTS: From the development of direct ignition coils to revolutionizing the concept of the aftermarket performance spark plug by using platinum and iridium, DENSO is often on the front lines of product advancement
- TRUST IN DENSO: The automotive industry has recognized the DENSO commitment to quality through such prestigious awards as the Deming Award for Quality, the J.D. Power and Associates Chairman's Award, and numerous supplier awards for quality
|Info/Engine||2.0L 4-cyl Engine CPMA Flex Turbo||2.0L 4-cyl Engine CPMB Flex Turbo|
|OEM spark plug gap||0.032″ (0.81mm)||0.032″ (0.81mm)|
|Change interval||35,000 miles||35,000 miles|
|Best spark plug||NGK 1675 PFR7S8EG Laser Platinum Spark Plug||NGK 1675 PFR7S8EG Laser Platinum Spark Plug|
|Popular choice||Bosch FR5KPP332S 0242245576 Platinum Spark Plug||Denso 5310 IK22 Iridium Power Spark Plug|
- IMPORTANT*** TO VERIFY FITMENT. PLEASE CONTACT US AND PROVIDE THE COMPLETE VIN NUMBER OF YOUR CAR. INCLUDING / YEAR / MAKE / MODEL. WE WILL DOUBLE CHECK FITMENT BEFORE THE ITEM SHIPS.
- Spark Plugs Replace Part Number:06H905601A PFR7S8EG
- Faster Starts, Improved Fuel Economy,Enhanced flame propagation for increased engine efficiency.
- LTHJT Spark Plugs are engineered for original equipment and replacement applications. Every component either matches or improves on the OE design to ensure fast and easy installation with superior performance and reliability and provide long service life.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE ORDERING THE CORRECT PARTS FOR YOUR VEHICLE. IF YOU DON'T KNOW OR NOT SURE PLEASE CONTACT US. WE WILL REPLY YOU WITHIN 24 HOURS.
2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 Audi A5 Spark Plugs
|Info/Engine||2.0L 4-cyl Engine CYMC Turbo||2.0L 4-cyl Engine DPAA Turbo|
|OEM spark plug gap||0.032″ (0.81mm)||–|
|Change interval||40,000 miles||–|
|Best spark plug||NGK 94833 PLFER7A8EG Laser Platinum Spark Plug||–|
|Popular choice||NGK 94833 PLFER7A8EG Laser Platinum Spark Plug||–|
|Info/Engine||2.0L 4-cyl Engine DMSA Turbo|
|OEM spark plug gap||–|
|Best spark plug||–|
How Long do NGK Iridium Plugs Last?
The advantage of using a set of NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs over an aftermarket brand is that they have a longer life expectancy, approximately 40-50k miles. However, because driving conditions and engine modifications vary, their predictions must be tempered. On the whole, we’ve found that motor mileage can be expected to range from 60,000 to 80,000 miles with no modifications. The center of the NGK Laser Iridium spark plug has iridium electrodes with a platinum ground electrode.
Is Iridium or Platinum Better?
Iridium is eight times as strong and six times as hard as platinum. It has a higher melting point, about 700 degrees Celsius, than that of platinum (about 1500 degrees Celsius). Platinum spark plugs wear out faster than iridium spark plugs. Iridium spark plugs are said to be more durable than platinum ones up to 25% longer.
Which is Better NGK or Denso?
The Denso-versus-NGK debate is difficult to resolve because both are iridium spark plugs and provide similar performance. The diameter of the electrode in Denso plugs is smaller than that of NGK. As a result, Denso plugs do not last as long as NGK ones, although they are better at generating strong sparks.
Last update on 2021-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API