Table of contents
- 1 Honda K24A (Z, Y, W) 2.4L engine
- 1.1 K24A Specs
- 1.2 Honda K24 Engine modifications
- 1.3 K24A engine problems
- 1.4 Honda K24A Engine tuning
Honda K24A (Z, Y, W) 2.4L engine
K24 engines, created on the basis of K20, from Honda have replaced F23 engines. Its difference from the basic K20 consists of a crankshaft with an increased stroke of pistons, an enlarged cylinder block and an enlarged diameter of the pistons themselves. All the rest remains unchanged, the same chain, balancing shafts on individual motors, the same variable intake geometry and the absence of hydraulic expansion joints.
|Manufacturer||Honda Motor Company|
|Cylinder block material||Aluminium|
|Piston stroke, mm||99.0|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87|
|Power output, hp/rpm||156-205/5900-7000|
|Torque output, nm/rpm||217-232/3600-4500|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km
|Oil consumption , L/1000 km||up to 1.0|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20
|Engine oil capacity, L||4.2|
|Oil change interval, km (miles)||10,000
|Normal engine operating temperature, °C (F)|
|Engine lifespan, km (miles)
-No life span loss
This engine is also installed in
- Honda Accord
- Honda Civic
- Honda CRV
- Honda Crosstour
- Honda Element
- Honda Spirior
- Honda Stepwgn
- Acura ILX
- Acura TSX
Honda K24 Engine modifications
- K24A1 – the first civilian version with the compression ratio of 9.6, 160 hp. It occurs on Honda CR-V.
- K24A2 – motor for larger cars, uses a different crankshaft, reinforced connecting rods, other pistons, compression is ratio increased to 10.5, replaced camshafts on more evil, increased throttle, another inlet / outlet. Power 200 hp engine in 2006 was slightly modified and the power rose to 205 hp.
- K24A3 – analog of the K24A2 with other cams, the power of 190 forces.
- K24A4 (K24A5, K24A6) – a civil engine with the compression ratio of 9.7, the power of 160 forces.
- K24A8 – 166-strong version with the electronic throttle valve, i-VTEC starts at 2400 r / min.
|K24A1||2002–2006 Honda CR-V||9.6:1||160 hp (120 kW) @ 6000 RPM||162 lb·ft (220 N·m) @ 3600 RPM||6500 RPM|
|K24A2||2002–2008 Honda Accord Type-S (JDM)||10.5:1||200 hp; 150 kW @ 6800 RPM||171 lb·ft (232 N·m) @ 4500 RPM||7100 RPM||6000 RPM|
|2003–2008 Honda Odyssey Absolute||10.5:1||200 hp; 150 kW @ 6800 RPM||171 lb·ft (232 N·m) @ 4500 RPM||7100 RPM||6000 RPM|
|2004–2005 Acura TSX||10.5:1||200 hp; 150 kW @ 6800 RPM||166 lb·ft (225 N·m) @ 4500 RPM||7100 RPM||6000 RPM|
|2006–2008 Acura TSX||10.5:1||205 hp (153 kW) @ 7000 RPM||170.5 lb·ft (231 N·m) @ 4500 RPM||7100 RPM||6000 RPM|
|K24A3||2003–2007 Honda Accord(JDM/EDM)||10.5:1||190 hp (140 kW) @ 6800 RPM||164 lb·ft (223 N·m) @ 4500 RPM||7200 RPM||6000 RPM|
|2003–2007 Honda Accord Euro (AUDM/NZDM)||10.5:1||190 hp (140 kW) @ 6800 RPM||164 lb·ft (223 N·m) @ 4500 RPM||7200 RPM||6000 RPM|
|K24A4||2003–2005 Honda Accord(USDM)||9.7:1||160 hp (120 kW) @ 5500 RPM||161 lb·ft (218 N·m) @ 4500 RPM||6800 RPM|
|2003–2006 Honda Element||9.7:1||160 hp (120 kW) @ 5500 RPM||161 lb·ft (218 N·m) @ 4500 RPM||6800 RPM|
|K24A8||2006–2007 Honda Accord(USDM)||9.7:1||166 hp (124 kW) @ 5800 RPM||160 lb·ft (220 N·m) @ 4000 RPM||6500 RPM||2400 RPM|
|2007–2011 Honda Element||9.7:1||166 hp (124 kW) @ 5800 RPM||161 lb·ft (218 N·m) @ 4000 RPM||6800 RPM||2400 RPM|
6. K24Z1 – analog of the K24A1 engine, modified intake manifold, SHPG from K24A4, compression ratio of 9.7, the power of 166 hp. The engine is installed on Honda Vietnam.
7. K24Z2 – compression ratio increased to 10.5, there are other camshafts, power 177 hp.
8. K24Z3 – compression ratio increased to 11, even more shafts riding, power 190 (201) hp.
9. K24Z4 – analog of the K24Z1.
10. K24Z5 – analog of the K24Z2, 181 horse power.
11. K24Z6 – analog of the K24Z5, other camshafts are installed, the power of 180 hp.
12. K24Y1 – the Honda Vietnam engine for Thailand market, the compression ratio of 10.5, the power of 170 hp
13. K24Y2 – the Honda Crosstour engine, lower compression ratio – 10, camshafts meaner power 192 hp
14. K24W1 – engine for Accord, is a series of Earth Dreams (W index) with direct injection. Regarding K24Y, modified inlet / outlet, the inlet is now behind, ahead of the release, the compression ratio of 11.1, camshafts calm, power 185 hp
15. K24W2 – analog of the K24W1 with other camshafts, 188 hp power
16. K24W3 – analog of the K24W2 with slightly modified exhaust, power 190 forces.
17. K24W4 – modified injection system, the compression ratio of 10.1, grassroots camshafts, power 174 hp.
|K24W||2013–present Honda Accord(USDM)||11.1:1||185 hp (138 kW) @ 6400 RPM||181 lb·ft (245 N·m) @ 3900 RPM||6800 RPM|
|2015–present Honda CR-V(USDM)||11.1:1||185 hp (138 kW) @ 6400 RPM||181 lb·ft (245 N·m) @ 4500 RPM||6800 RPM|
|K24W4||2013–present Honda Accord(Thailand/Malaysia)||10.1:1||174 hp (130 kW) @ 6200 RPM||166 lb·ft (225 N·m) @ 4000 RPM||6600 RPM|
|2014–present Honda Odyssey(AUDM)||10.1:1||174 hp (130 kW) @ 6200 RPM||166 lb·ft (225 N·m) @ 4000 RPM||6600 RPM|
|K24W7||2015–present Acura TLX||11.1:1||206 hp (154 kW) @ 6800 RPM||182 lb·ft (247 N·m) @ 3900 RPM||7000 RPM|
|2016–present Acura ILX||11.6:1||201 hp (150 kW) @ 6800 RPM||180 lb·ft (240 N·m) @ 3600 RPM||7000 RPM|
|K24Y1||2012–present Honda CR-V(Thailand)||10.5:1||170 hp (130 kW) @ 6000 RPM||160 lb·ft (220 N·m) @ 4300 RPM|
|K24Y2||2012–2015 Honda Crosstour||10.0:1||192 hp (143 kW) @ 7000 RPM||162 lb·ft (220 N·m) @ 4400 RPM|
K24A engine problems
As part of the weak points, the K24 is totally comparable to its junior engine – K20: camshaft wear, oil leaks, floating speed and rpm, etc.
Honda K24A Engine tuning
General options to increase the impact: increase turnover, inflate it by the compressor or blow it with a turbine… These methods are the same as for the K20 engine.
If you are interested in swap, here’s a Honda K-Series engine swap guide.
Honda Civic “EG” Hatch K24 Swap
Formula Drift Honda S2000 – K24 Engine, Turbo Kit & Final Chassis Mods
Boosted Accord-Engine Build- Crankshaft Install on K24
Honda CRX K24 Engine 315HP
- Should my new tires match what is currently on my car from the factory?
- What is the difference between a 235/45 ZR17 tire, and a 235/45 R17 tires?
- What does 195/65 HR14 mean in relation to tyres?
- What rims will fit my car?
- Good reliable first cars?
- What class are BMW cars?
- Why do american cars suck?