This 3-liter engine was put into production in 1999 and was a successor of EG33 engine. At the time of its production, EZ30 was the flagman engine in the lineup and was installed on the biggest cars. This motor has been designed completely from scratch, he used an aluminum cylinder block height of 202 mm, with cast iron sleeves 2 mm thick. Inside was mounted crankshaft with stroke of 80 mm, crank length is 131.5 mm, the diameter of the piston 89.2 mm, height 30.3 mm, the compression ratio is 10.7. All this is possible to obtain a 3 liter working volume.
Covered the block with aluminum head with two camshafts, 4 valves per cylinder. 254/226 camshafts, climbing 10.0 / 9.5 mm. The camshafts are driven via two timing chains. EZ30 intake manifold made of aluminum with a variable geometry, its switching occurs at around 3600 rev / min.
This engine develops 220 hp at 6000 rev / min and torque of 289 Nm at 4400 rev / min.In 2003, there was a restyled engine EZ30D, which is informally called EZ30R. This engine differs modified cylinder head with recycled channels added system AVCS variable valve timing and valve lift of the intake AVLS (adjustment range 50 °). Valve lifting height depends on speed and has 3 positions: up to 2000 rev / min, 2000-4000 rev / min, above 4000
In 2003, there was a restyled engine EZ30D, which is informally called EZ30R. This engine differs modified cylinder head with recycled channels added system AVCS variable valve timing and valve lift of the intake AVLS (adjustment range 50 °). Valve lifting height depends on speed and has 3 positions: up to 2000 rev / min, 2000-4000 rev / min, above 4000 rev / min.
And also, on EZ30R appeared electronic throttle valve with a diameter of 76 mm, a plastic intake manifold, the MAF is used instead of the MAP, a new exhaust manifold.
Such modifications yielded 245 hp at 6600 rev / min and torque increased to 297 Nm at 4200 r / min.The release of EZ30 continued till 2009, but since 2007 it began to replace
The release of EZ30 continued till 2009, but since 2007 it began to replace with EZ36 engine.
Table of contents
- 1 Subaru EZ30 engine specs
- 1.1 The engine is installed in
- 1.2 Subaru EZ30 engine Problems and malfunctions
- 1.3 EZ30 tuning
Subaru EZ30 engine specs
The engine is installed in
- Subaru Legacy
- Subaru Outback
- Subaru Tribeca
Subaru EZ30 engine Problems and malfunctions
- The noise of timing chain. Most likely the chain tensioner is faulty and needs to be replaced, along with the timing chain and the entire set.
- Overheating of EZ30. Perhaps the problem is in the radiator, check its condition and, if necessary, replace with aluminum, it will help. If all goes well, then the second option is punched cylinder head gasket. Even if this does not work, then see the pump, thermostat, or there is air in the cooling system.
- High fuel consumtion. Fuel consumption in the EZ30 is also not the strength of his party.
All of the above does not happen too often (except fuel) and for the most part this is an excellent high-torque engine with decent power for normal daily operation. Regular maintenance and the use of normal oil with gasoline will extend the life of the motor to 150,000-180,000 miles (250000-300000 km).
This engine differs strangled exhaust, so replacing the exhaust manifold and installing the direct-flow tube, you can get a small increase and significantly improve of the sound of the exhaust system.
Building a powerful aspirated engine has no sense, so it is much more profitable to follow the path turbo EZ30.
Good turbo project will also cost quite expensive, because you need to replace the pistons (compression ratio ~ 8.5), connecting rods Pauter, valves, valve springs, plates, buy ARP studs, and if you plan to power more than 400 hp, while highly recommended to buy sleeve.
Then you need to find the turbine like Garrett GT3582 and organized the oil flow on it and oil drain. It is necessary to make the turbo manifolds or buy (if you find), you also need to buy brains VEMS, intake system like K & N, front-mount intercooler, Piping, nozzles by GTR or Tuned from the STI, the fuel pump Bosch 044, fuel regulator, blow off, wastegate, exhaust system 76 mm tube. Set up, by 1 bar of boost you’ll get about 500 hp on the flywheel, which is quite enough for a quiet ride to the store for bread.
You can inflate 400+ hp the drain motor, not clenched it, but it is a risky business, and make better use of water and methanol injection.
It is possible to go in simpler way, and to order a compressor kit of Raptor, which inflates 0.5 bar discharge piston and provides a 350+ hp
Subaru H6 EZ30D Engine
Subaru EZ30 Engine removal
Subaru EZ30 Timing Chain and Water Pump Replacement
1200BHP Twin Turbo EZ30 Impreza – the build
Change the spark plugs in your Subaru EZ30 H6 engine the EASY way!
- How many miles can a Jetta or Golf 2.0 year ’99-’00 take if normally maintained?
- How do you repair a 1990 Honda Accord speedometer that is always on the lowest speed even when driving?
- How many miles can a Pontiac T6000 go before it is done is 236K too many?
- Does the new Toyota Corolla look better in the blue grey color or the light grey?
- Which car would you buy?
- What is the world’s reliable car that can last with zero maintenance?
- Which car should I get, a 2005 Nissan Sentra S or a 2001 Toyota Camry Le?